PG Music Home
Posted By: jerrypettit Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 03/28/16 09:50 PM
Longtime user here of BIAB. Trying RealBand and seems to be working okay, except that when I right-click on an empty track to audition a Realtrack it won't play. Clicking on the file icon, I can see the underlying sound file (for accordions, etc.), but the Demo won't play.

I can hear my song--both the RealDrum track (audio) and the MIDI tracks--but I can't hear which Realtrack to use, since there is no demo playing.

Any advice?

EDIT: I can click "OK" and the track goes into the song and plays fine--I'm just missing the ability to audition the track, which is pretty important to me.

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 03/28/16 10:35 PM
jerrypetit,

Does your computer have Windows Media Player (WMP) installed? Certain functions need WMP in order to properly function and I believe demo requires WMP.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 03/29/16 01:41 AM
What version of RealBand and what Windows O/S are you using?

When you say Audition, is this Multi-Riff you are trying to preview? I'm not familiar with an 'audition' option from the Tracks right-click context menu.

Are you able to explain the steps you take?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 03/29/16 04:00 AM
Jerry,

As already asked, What version of Realband do you have? Also, I take that you are right-clicking on an empty track, choosing "Select and Generate Realtrack" and then trying to audition the Realtrack in the Realtrack picker?

Not sure if this applies, but do you have the "Use internet" option selected. This is necessary for those demos that are at the PG Music site and not on your disk.
Posted By: jerrypettit Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 03/29/16 03:45 PM
I have the current version (2016). It indicates that all of these tracks I'm trying to audition (yes, per the right click and "Select and Generate" command) are on the BIAB hard drive that hosts the program. I do have the "Use Internet" box checked, but all of the files I'm trying to select from (and indeed I CAN select and use any of them--I simply cannot demo them) are on the hard drive.

I believe the problem might have something to do with issues I'm having with Windows Media Player. I get a constant Error message that WMP is unable to play since "in use" (it's not) by another program. I've GOOGLED around for help, run Troubleshooting and can't seem to get WMP to work.

Any help?

EDIT: Windows 8.1, 64 bit

Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 03/29/16 07:13 PM
Windows Media Player may have been called up in the background during start up or by another program.

Try to start WMP before starting BiaB or RB. Can it play a file when it is in standalone mode?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 03/30/16 09:54 AM
My computer is totally off line. So some of the demos don't play because the demo requires an internet connection.

Could that be the issue? It does come up with a yellow message box to tell me that bit of info.
Posted By: jerrypettit Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 04/03/16 07:09 PM
I've started it first and still get a message that my soundcard or WMP is in use by another program. (It isn't).

I have moved my BIAB drive over to my laptop and the same thing is happening: An error message saying that Windows Media Player is unable to play because my sound device is in use elsewhere.

This is a HORRIBLE problem for me. I appreciate the suggestions, but...how does this get fixed? When I get the same error message on two different computers I have to start thinking it is a BIAB problem--where can I get help via phone?

EDIT: I can play songs on Realband just fine, so clearly my sound device works. I just can't demo Realtracks, and that is beyond frustrating.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 04/03/16 07:16 PM
Originally Posted By: jerrypettit
... When I get the same error message on two different computers I have to start thinking it is a BIAB problem--where can I get help via phone?

The Support Information can be found at the bottom of this page.
Posted By: jerrypettit Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 04/03/16 07:32 PM
I did find that support information. Thanks.

Checking the soundcard (Realtek High Definition Audio, using ASIO4All) under Options/Preferences/Audio and clicking on the "Default" button, I get similar error message about conflict for the soundcard using something else.

I'm wondering whether the "something else" is actually RealBand and that is why Windows Media Player can't play the demo Realtracks? Because if so, that's just nuts!
Posted By: jerrypettit Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 04/03/16 08:18 PM
FIXED.

Selected MME driver instead of ASIO.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Assign Realtrack--demo won't play - 04/03/16 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: jerrypettit
FIXED.

Selected MME driver instead of ASIO.

Excellent!

And thanks for letting us know. Others will get valuable benefit from the feedback.
© PG Music Forums