PG Music Home
Hi everyone!

I cannot get an audio recording session to start. The button "Record audio"->record does not do anything.

I remember audio recording worked in the past, although it complained sometimes about some wav file missing. I just ignored the warning since I didn't have a clue what it meant.

I don't have the feeling I did anything drastic to my environment. Exception of the el capitan upgrade {:-) of course.

Anyone can help with my audio recording problem?
--
Thanks in advance,
Claude

OS X El Capitan 10.11.5.
BIAB Version 2015 (106)
Claude,

Welcome to the forums.

When you say that the audio recording session doesn't start, can you please offer a little more insight?

When you click on the Audio Record button, what happens?

Regards,
Noel
Hello Noel,

I am afraid I said it all: nothing happens. After I clicked the bottom left button of the "Record Audio" dialogbox, it closes as it should and that's it: I am back to the editing mode, and cannot hear the generated accompaniment. The black cursor does not move on. No audio track appears on the mixer tab of the main window. Clicking the Stop black button does not do anything.

I get no visible warning or error message whatsoever. I just cannot record any audio.

I don't know if that helps, but the "Record MIDI" button works fine and records my midi keyboard input.

I am now using Logic Pro X to record my audio separately, thus I know my audio input is working. Nevertheless, this is ennoying...
--
Claude
Thanks, Claude.

Is the latest update installed? PG Music released Build 129 (found at this link) on June 20th. If you haven't installed this already, download it, install it and try it and see if it makes a difference.

If the problem persists, it would be worthwhile trying "reset to factory defaults" make a note of your audio and midi set up because the reset may take these back o the original settings, too.

Regards,
Noel
Hi Noel,

Tx for your time and answer.

I tried downloading the patch Build 129 as well as 127. Both failed with an error dialog like this:

"BIAB 2016 Build 127 Update patch can't be installed on this disk. You do not appear to have BIAB 2016, or it is not installed properly in /Applications/Band-in-a-Box. This patch must be installed overtop of an existing BIAB 2016 version (build 120 or higher)."

Now I tried to check what is version nbr of my installation, I got a splash dialog where its says in the left top corner:

"Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh"
"Version 2015 (106)"

I have to say I am a bit confused, as I thought I got the 2016 version, as I bought BIAB last June, *not* last year...

What should I do to get these patches above installed, or rather to get the 2016 version?
Br,
--
Claude
Claude,

You need to contact PG Music support to make sure you have access to the correct version of the program.
Claude,

I agree with Jim, it sounds like version 2016 has not installed properly. That could be what is causing the problem. I wonder if the upgrade of El Capitan interfered somehow? Contact PG Music, they will definitely help.

You can find contact options under the "Support" tab at the top of the page.

Regards,
Noel
All right, tx everyone for your time and good advices. I just contacted the support.
All the best.
© PG Music Forums