PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Snodgrass BIAB changes my Synth Module Program! - 06/28/15 07:33 PM
This is driving me slightly crazy. BIAB is changing my Multi- program in my Synth module (Yamaha Motif-Rack ES). It does it every time. I stop a biab file, dial in the Module program, run it, stop. A new program sounds (I don't know what, something different, redial the multi I want to play. Everytime. It is driving me crazy. Is there a preference or something that I can change?
Jim, how are you assigning the multis? Do you assign them manually on the ES or are you using BIAB? You need to get an .ini or .pat patchmap file for the ES and assign the sounds from within BIAB. Also, if you are pulling a midi file from the internet, check to be sure that a program change has not been programmed into the midi file to assigned patches to the tracks.

Jeff
I'm not sure I understand what is meant by 'assigning' the multis. The basic receive and transmit channels are "1" as per the manual. I never had a patch map with the ES/BIAB connection in the past and didn't suffer this problem. I have no idea how to get an .ini or .pat patchmap file for the ES. As regards the midi files from the internet, I did have a problem in the past, but that was solved by clearing the list editor in the midi files. The problem I'm having now is with home grown BIAB files.
Jim, you need the patch map for your Yamaha, and the good news is that there is already one written. Go here and get it: http://www.pgmusic.com/support_miscellaneous.htm

Download the .PAT file and place it in your /BB folder. You should also read it as a text file to learn more about what it is doing, but that's not essential now.

When you right-click on a patch name in the mixer (Example: Instrument 49 Strings), choose Select MIDI patch, then Select Higher Bank patch from .PAT file.

BIAB will prompt you to load the .PAT file. Do that, then your correct patches will appear as choices on your left.

Then remember to always Save As with Patches and Harmony (Alt+F2).

© PG Music Forums