PG Music Home
Just got New Computer for Christmas with Windows 7 and I can not play this program. Lots of other stuff it will not run as well. PGMusic wrote me and said it will not run with Windows 7. Anybody got a solution for this short of buying a new program.???
Hello Hotrodder,

Hmm, that must have been a misunderstanding, the Video Guitar Lesson programs run on Windows 7. Please let us know exactly what the problem is (what exactly happens when you try to run it).
Well Andrew, nothing happens. I place it in the DVD drive and nothing goes on. Deck will not self start or play the disk at all yet the DVD player works fine in other stuff. I just placed it in the drive and will wait to see. This a brand new ZT systems computer with 1-Terra byte, 6Gig of Ram and is a 64 bit processor?
Still waiting and nothing is going on with the drive or program.
Hotrodder2
Hi,

There is a large .exe file on that CD, and this can cause some computers to hesitate a little before showing the contents. An antivirus program may be the cause. Try waiting for a while after inserting the disc. If you have waited (say 10 minutes) and nothing has happened, and the CD doesn't appear in My Computer, there may be a problem with the CD or it may not be compatible with your drive. In this case, you could contact us to get a replacement and/or a link to download the program. Or, if you have another computer that it does work on, you could copy the contents of the CD to a portable hard drive and transfer it that way (or burn the contents to a different CD).

One other thing that might help is: Go to the Start menu | Run and type "msconfig". Choose selective startup with startup items disabled. Reboot the computer and see if the disc is then recognized properly.
I'm sorry Andrew, I have tried all that you suggested and in four different computer's, 1-with Vista, 1-with XP and another with Win-7 and none of them would show me anything. The program will not work. My old computer was win-xp and it ran fine there before the computer crashed. So the disk has been put away untill now. I can see no scratches or dings in the disk. If you can help me out that would be great.
Thank You very much.
I love this program and will buy the rest in the series when I'm done with this one. Great teaching tool.
If I understand you, on any of the computers you try, you do not see the contents of the DVD that contains the 101 phrases program?

I presume you've tried to clean the disk?

Can you open Windows Explorer and see any contents on the disk? Or does it not register on any of the computers you tried?

If you are able to access the files via Windows Explorer, I would try to copy the contents of the disk to a folder on your hard drive and then try to run the install program from your hard drive. If that works, then you can use that folder to make a new copy of the disk (for backup purposes), or just backup that folder somewhere else. I actually have all my PGMusic programs saved to two different external USB drives and do all my installation from there. The CD/DVD went into a CD folio and I haven't touched it since. That includes copies of everything I received on CD/DVD, as well as everything I've downloaded over time. So it's all right there at my fingertips.
Hi,

In that case, please contact us to get a replacement for that disc. You can also request a link to download the program.

http://www.pgmusic.com/about_contact.htm
John;
I can not see nor read any files on the disk on any of the 4 or 5 computers I tried.No.! I have not tried to clean the disk as it looks brand new. NOTHING comes up except you can hear the disk turning like it is looking to find something. As I said it was installed and working on a Windows XP before the computer crashed it was an E-Machine. I now have a ZT System
machine with 6 gig ram and 1 terra byte HD with 1 CD/DVD, maker unknown. Most of my old programs will not run under 64 bit op sys. I think I need to return to the Commodore VIC-20 or c64...
As Andrew said, it looks like your disk is hosed. Still, I would try to clean the disk (even though it looks clean). Sometimes that all it takes to get it going. Not always, but it only takes a moment to check it out.

Link for cleaning a CD or DVD

Another link for cleaning a CD or DVD
© PG Music Forums