PG Music Home
Posted By: tigger Melodist genrates only 6 bars - 09/05/21 01:57 PM
Hi,
I'm new to the forum, and can't seem to find an answer to this.

on a 32 bar song, I'm trying to generate just a melody with the melodist for the whole song (I already entered the chords).
I can see that it generated the melody when I view the lead sheet, but sometimes the melody stops playing after the song passes bar 6.
It doesn't seem to matter what soloist I use, and it doesn't always happen. Sometimes I'll restart the song and it will play the melody all the way--sometimes not.

Is there something I'm missing?

bb for windows
version 2021 (838)
Posted By: DrDan Re: Melodist genrates only 6 bars - 09/05/21 02:32 PM
Upload the file so we can take a look at it. And be sure to update the program to current version.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Melodist genrates only 6 bars - 09/05/21 05:18 PM
To upload the song file as a file attachment, you may need to append '.txt' to the file name. Otherwise you can upload to DropBox etc.

That latest releases of software patches can be found at this link.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Melodist genrates only 6 bars - 09/05/21 10:40 PM
Hi tigger,

In addition to the above advice...

Have you been playing around with "Melody | Generate Soundtrack"?

This could be causing your song to stop playing after a certain number of bars.

Enter "Melody | Generate Soundtrack" and try resetting it to default settings.

If that doesn't help, under the "Options" menu, try "Returning to MOST factory settings."

Regards,
Noel

Please post a picture of your Melodist window when you go to Melody | Melodist - Genererate Melody and/or Chords. We can then check if there are any settings that need adjusting in this dialog.

I agree with Noel96 to try going to Options | Return to Factory Settings, as well.

The build 842 update has also been recently posted to our website. You can download and install it from here: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#842
© PG Music Forums