PG Music Home
This build has major features added, including an enhanced notation window, a new Lead Sheet window, Big Lyrics window, Jazz font notation and chords, and much more!

You need to already have version 2012.5 to apply this update.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm#2012_5_64

Summary of Changes for Build 61 (September 21, 2012)

Added: Notation Window enhanced (sizable, adjustable bars per screen, guitar and bass tab, finer resolution, improved notation entry PLUS much more

Added: Note-based lyrics

Added: Full-featured event list editor

Added: Jazz Font notation and chords

Added: Big Lyrics window

Improved: Guitar window enhanced (bass display added)

Summary of Changes for Build 62 (September 22, 2012)

Fixed: If program was being run for the first time, would sometimes crash in the MIDI Driver signin dialog.

Fixed: Leadsheet and Notation wouldn't use default values for certain settings. Note that the Preferences file for these settings is now called Intrface.bbm instead of Intrface2_X86.BBW.

Fixed: Build number wasn't showing correctly in some places.

Summary of Changes for Build 63 (September 24, 2012)

Added: Hints added for Notation, Leadsheet, Guitar, and Lyrics Windows.

Updated: PDF upgrade manual includes notation and leadsheet documentation.

Fixed: Title of a printout was showing up way too small if the title was long.

Fixed: Chord Font got bigger if the num staves in the LS Options was increased beyond, say, 7 or 8.

Fixed: Show bar numbers every page did not work for printing/leadsheet.

Fixed: Print Options - Include Lead-In checkbox did not work correctly.

Fixed: If leadsheet was open before closing the program, it did not re-appear when re-booting program.

Added: When resizing the leadsheet window, the staves move so that a full screen is dispelled at all times, and scroll at the correct time.

Fixed: Notation - Split Treble Clef at option was not working in some cases.

Summary of Changes for Build 64 (September 25, 2012)

Added: ScrollWheel support for the Notation and Leadsheet windows.

Added: The leadsheet now fully resizes, all fonts get smaller/larger as the window changes size.

Summary of Changes for Build 64 (September 26, 2012)

Fixed: Notation Section Text was not entering in the correct place in some cases.

Fixed: Title font was too small on very long song titles.

Fixed: Default Position of lyrics was overlapping with bar #s.

Fixed: Print dialog, key sig and clef sign every line was drawing in the wrong font.

Fixed: Print Options dialog - certain items were not selectable (Bass Clef, Tab, Clefs Split At).

Added: Edit - Delete supports multiple bars. It will now prompt "how many bars" when you want to delete bars. Command D is now hot key for delete (tip: if you first select a region of bars, it won't ask the question ' how many bars' and will just delete that many.

Added: Edit - Insert supports multiple bars (same idea as Edit-Delete above).

Added: Hot keys added to launch all windows [ Notation Ctrl N; Movable Notation; Ctrl Shift N; Leadsheet Ctrl L; Big Lyrics Ctrl Y; Drums Shift Ctrl D; Guitar Ctrl G; Mixer Ctrl M; RealDrums Picker Ctrl-U; RealDrums Settings Ctrl-Shift-U; RealTracks Picker Ctrl-K; RealTracks Settings Ctrl-Shift-K; Audio Chord Wizard (any file). Ctrl-Z; Audio Chord Wizard (choose an audio file) Ctrl-Shift-Z.

Wow,
... Just Wow !

Thanks Peter, downloading now !

- Jay
Very nice additions, thanks, one little thing I noticed though is that the lyrics don't seem to show up in the "Big Lyrics" window here.
They show up fine in the notation window, but I only seem to be able to see chords in the "BL" window.

Not a show stopper for me as I don't use lyrics much, but just thought I'd point it out.

Otherwise the leadsheet and notation additions are great !

Thanks.

- Jay
Hi Jay,
The big lyrics window is for not based lyrics, not the older line based lyrics. The line based lyrics may be viewed on the notation or leadsheet windows.v
Ahh, thanks for the clarification.
This is all new stuff to us Mac guys.

I've got to say though, being primarily a guitarist that's been forced into bass duties lately, that the bass tab feature has just made my life so much easier !
Thanks again !

- Jay
Thanks, Peter. Any chance you can update the insert measures command to follow the PC feature??
Peter, on notation window, is there a new command in editing the notes. I cannot seem to edit the notes in build 61. I reverted back to build 60.
Musictogo4

Yes, the method to enter editing is slightly different. Instead of pressing the N button to toggle through 3 modes of notation, there are 3 separate buttons, for regular, editable notation and note roll mode. Press one of those last 2 buttons to get to the edit mode that you want. The editing then works the same, only it's easier because you can enlarge the font with + and - zoom buttons, and control how many bars per line are shown.
Thanks, what a nice surprise!
Thanks so much for the new features! Very handy.

One thing I can't get working after the update... changing the treble/bass split of the notation to work reliably. I often print melody parts for trombone (bass clef) and can't seem to do it now after updating.
Thanks Peter,

I updated back and seems working great!
Peter, one quick question.

Is the current update work with Mac OS X 10.6x or latest?

Thanks
))) Is the current update work with Mac OS X 10.6x or latest?

Yes, it works for any OS higher than 10.4, and includes Mountain Lion.
Very happy with this new release! Thanks folks!

Gerard (AKA Phil)
>> One thing I can't get working after the update... changing the treble/bass split of the notation to work reliably. I often print melody parts for trombone (bass clef) and can't seem to do it now after updating

That issue is fixed in patch build 63
http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm
EDIT:
Reinstalled fonts, and reapplied the upgrade,- now everything works perfect
Guess the Pg-fonts are supposed to be in the /library/fonts folder (I installed manually when I moved BIAB to Mountain Lion).

This is awesome! But I have problem printing to my HP 7510 both from the regular notation window and from the lead sheet window. Nothing happens and I can't save as PDF either...any ideas? (mountain lion)
I've just noticed that I am no longer able to scroll in the notation window with the Magic Mouse. I know this was possible in build 60, I didn't notice in builds 61 and 62, but it definitely is not working in build 63.

- Jay
Hi Svenne,
We just checked printout on 3 systems, 2 with Snow Leopard, and one with Mountain Lion.

It worked fine in all cases. It even worked on Mountain Lion with no printer installed (printed to PDF), then I installed a printer and it printed.

Perhaps it is the song - I used the default style ZZJAZZ.sty, and then pressed the BAND button to load in the demo song, with is Afternoon Tea. Please try that song.
Thanks so much for the quick patch, Peter!
>>> I've just noticed that I am no longer able to scroll in the notation window with the Magic Mouse.

Right, we still need to enable scrolling in the notation and leadsheet windows. That will come soon in a future build.
Quote:

Right, we still need to enable scrolling in the notation and leadsheet windows. That will come soon in a future build.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.
I was pretty certain that it worked before.

Believe me I'm not complaining, the new additions are really great !
Thanks again, for the extra effort bringing these features to the Mac version !

- Jay
EDIT:
Reinstalled fonts, and reapplied the upgrade,- now everything works perfect
Guess the Pg-fonts are supposed to be in the /library/fonts folder (I installed manually when I moved BIAB to Mountain Lion).

thanks...A couple of days ago I ran "verify fonts" from the fontbook application and it found the PGmusic font suitcase both in the library folder and the user/library font folder and reported a duplicate font problem. I disabled the one in the library folder. Maybe that's the problem? Everything looks fine on the screen. I check when I get home later today.
Does the command on Page 1 of the Prefs "write Part Markers in the midi file" work now ( as in the Win version ) ? Thanks for this upgrade
Hey Peter, Thanks for getting the scrolling back in the notation and leadsheet window !

One little thing I did notice though, is that while playing songs with the notation window open the screen seems to redraw in 2 halves.
The cursor follows the notes across the first half of the screen, then when it reaches the second half of the screen the first half re-draws.
Then when the cursor gets back to the left hand side of the screen the right half re-draws.

Not a big deal, and I'm not sure if that's the way it's supposed to work, or possibly my first generation Intel Mac is just too slow. If that's how it's supposed to work then that's fine, it just seemed a little strange (not used to all these new features).

But otherwise the new features are really great ! Thanks !

- Jay
Yes Jay, that is intentional. It is scroll ahead notation, so you can read ahead, while still seeing what is playing now. You can disable that in notation options.
Quote:

Yes Jay, that is intentional. It is scroll ahead notation, so you can read ahead, while still seeing what is playing now. You can disable that in notation options.

Doh !
That makes perfect sense now, one of these recent versions (I don't remember which) seems to have changed my preferences back to some sort of default settings.
I must have had that turned off in a previous version, since I prefer the smooth scrolling.

Thanks again for all the work that has gone into these new additions lately !

- Jay
Peter,

Thank you for the update for Insert Measures.
Peter,

I am wondering if there is a coming bug fix for melody notes editing that toggles with base notes while in notation editing mode. Also when inserting or adding notes while editing, I noticed a channel change from channel 1 (melody) to channel 13? Just a thought.
>>> I am wondering if there is a coming bug fix for melody notes editing that toggles with base notes while in notation editing mode. Also when inserting or adding notes while editing, I noticed a channel change from channel 1 (melody) to channel 13? Just a thought.

I am not aware of either of those issues. Please elaborate.

<<< melody notes editing that toggles with base notes while in notation editing mode.
Not sure what you mean here.

<< when inserting or adding notes while editing, I noticed a channel change from channel 1 (melody) to channel 13
When I insert a note on the notation, it goes on channel 1. It might go on channel 13 if you have set the track type to guitar or bass, but that is normal.
When I click on notation while song is playing, it doesn't display the option bar at the top of the notation window. It displays fine if a song isn't playing.
Running build 64 on Mountain Lion.
Tabs for ukulele styles are wrong.
>> When I click on notation while song is playing, it doesn't display the option bar at the top of the notation window. It displays fine if a song isn't playing.

Can't duplicate an issue like that on any OS including Mountain Lion. Perhaps others will report it.
© PG Music Forums