PG Music Home
I just purchased the UltraPak and can't figure out how to do some basic things like load a midi file and create my own melody using
a beautiful "AltoBreath" sound from my Korg 05/RW synthesizer. I want to record then be able to edit the midi notes (for mistakes) in BIAB. I know there are tons of YouTube videos out there but I can't find a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to create a midi track with a hardware synth to play along with any type of accompaniment from Band-In-A-Box. Can someone please point me to some tutorials (YouTube preferred but anything at this point). It would help if the tutorial was simple and easy to understand. Thanks.
Welcome to the forums.

There are several YouTube videos available. One that uses an older version of BiaB but is still relevant is shown below.

There are others at this PG Music web site
Thanks VideoTrack, but I can't get my keyboard controller to make any sound in BIAB. I'm using an Arturia Keystep 32. Any suggestions?
Originally Posted By: Vic C.
Thanks VideoTrack, but I can't get my keyboard controller to make any sound in BIAB. I'm using an Arturia Keystep 32. Any suggestions?

Are you using Mac or Windows? The steps to troubleshoot MIDI devices/sound are different depending on which type of computer you are using. It appears that you had watch and followed the video above, so I assume it is Windows, but please correct me if it is Mac.

For Windows, please go to Options | MIDI/Audio Driver Setup and answer the following:

What is your MIDI Input set to?
What is your MIDI Output set to?
Use VSTi/DXi (checked or unchecked?)
Route MIDI Thru to MIDI Driver (checked or unchecked?)
VSTi/DXi Synth (set to CoyoteWT, or something else?)
When you look at Audio Settings, what is in brackets? MME, ASIO, or WAS?
© PG Music Forums