PG Music Home
Posted By: P Glaser I'm still missing styles - 02/09/23 07:56 PM
I have a new install, build 1006 and I still have styles missing. Many categories with 50 styles or more missing based on what I'm seeing in the Style Picker. When I did the install one of my backup files, (2016 "49-Pak"), was corrupted but whoever I spoke with from support said I didn't need it.

Any help or ideas would be welcomed. Thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/09/23 09:18 PM
Can you mention some of the Styles that are reported as missing? Hopefully, someone might be able to identify which Styles Pak they belong to, which would be a starting point to working out how to resolve.
Posted By: Gary Curran Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/09/23 11:28 PM
Here's the most important question. Which Pak did you buy, Pro, Mega or Ultra?
Posted By: P Glaser Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/10/23 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Can you mention some of the Styles that are reported as missing? Hopefully, someone might be able to identify which Styles Pak they belong to, which would be a starting point to working out how to resolve.

Thanks for the reply AT. I'm not sure how I identify which styles are missing. I'm looking at the "Show all Categories" under "Categories" in the Style Picker. For example, Everything Jazz [UltraPak = 2988] [Found = 2848]. I've also looked at the "What Add-ons do I have?" The only thing I haven't purchased are the XPro Styles. Would that explain that many styles missing?

Thanks much!
Posted By: P Glaser Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/10/23 10:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Gary Curran
Here's the most important question. Which Pak did you buy, Pro, Mega or Ultra?

UltraPAK always. Thanks Gary.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/11/23 10:41 PM
There are 2,564 Xtra PAK styles, 400 Xpro PAK styles and 3 bonus Multi styles according to statistics available on +++ THESE +++ pages.
Posted By: P Glaser Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/12/23 03:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
There are 2,564 Xtra PAK styles, 400 Xpro PAK styles and 3 bonus Multi styles according to statistics available on +++ THESE +++ pages.

Thanks for that info, Jim. I'm curious though, if it states "Everything Jazz [UltraPak = 2988] [Found = 2848]", doesn't that mean the UltraPak version, (which I have), should have 2988 styles installed? Outside of the Xtra Styles PAK's?

Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/12/23 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: P Glaser
Thanks for that info, Jim. I'm curious though, if it states "Everything Jazz [UltraPak = 2988] [Found = 2848]", doesn't that mean the UltraPak version, (which I have), should have 2988 styles installed? Outside of the Xtra Styles PAK's? Thanks.
I don't know the answer to your question. As I'm typing this, PG Music's telephone service is open. They may be able to better answer your question.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/13/23 04:16 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure how I identify which styles are missing.

A good way to identify which style sets / categories are missing, is to click on the "Other" drop-down menu in the StylePicker and choose to show only styles that are N/A. Then, sort by "Set#" and it should be clear at that point.

Quote:
I'm looking at the "Show all Categories" under "Categories" in the Style Picker. For example, Everything Jazz [UltraPak = 2988] [Found = 2848].

That's poorly worded, with 2023 it should really be "Total = ...", and not "UltraPAK = ..."

Quote:
I've also looked at the "What Add-ons do I have?" The only thing I haven't purchased are the XPro Styles. Would that explain that many styles missing?

Yes that could explain it, and also the 2023 Bonus 49PAK perhaps.
Posted By: P Glaser Re: I'm still missing styles - 02/15/23 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Quote:
I'm not sure how I identify which styles are missing.

A good way to identify which style sets / categories are missing, is to click on the "Other" drop-down menu in the StylePicker and choose to show only styles that are N/A. Then, sort by "Set#" and it should be clear at that point.

Quote:
I'm looking at the "Show all Categories" under "Categories" in the Style Picker. For example, Everything Jazz [UltraPak = 2988] [Found = 2848].

That's poorly worded, with 2023 it should really be "Total = ...", and not "UltraPAK = ..."

Quote:
I've also looked at the "What Add-ons do I have?" The only thing I haven't purchased are the XPro Styles. Would that explain that many styles missing?

Yes that could explain it, and also the 2023 Bonus 49PAK perhaps.

Thanks Andrew. I'll dig into that. (I have all the 49PAKs).
Posted By: Wiseblood Re: I'm still missing styles - 03/12/23 08:51 AM
Hi Andrew.

I bought the 2023 OmniPAK and I should then have everything there that is released from you up until now, right?

How do I best stay updated? Will getting the Audiophile edition upgrade for 2024 (and the following years) keep me updated on everything you release?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: I'm still missing styles - 03/12/23 12:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Wiseblood
Hi Andrew.

I bought the 2023 OmniPAK and I should then have everything there that is released from you up until now, right?

How do I best stay updated? Will getting the Audiophile edition upgrade for 2024 (and the following years) keep me updated on everything you release?

Hello Wiseblood, Welcome to the forum and Band-in-a-Box.

It appears the 2023 OmniPAK includes all the content PG Music released to date except for the +++ Oscar Peterson Multimendia Series +++.

To stay up to date you likely will need to update your Audiophile edition as well as purchase any bonus PAKs, XtraStyle PAKs and XProStyle PAKs offered each year.

When a new edition is released PG Music normally offers an upgrade special that includes only material that is new for that package. This makes it easy to keep your package, the Audiophile edition in your case, up to date. However, the upgrade path is just for packages and does not include bonus or style PAKs.
Posted By: Wiseblood Re: I'm still missing styles - 03/12/23 05:50 PM
Thanks a lot Jim
© PG Music Forums