PG Music Home
Posted By: black_bottom BiaB ends when I use Print Preview - 07/31/23 02:45 PM
Hi all,
as written in header - when I click "print preview" BiaB ends. No error message, nothing. It only ends.
I checked \bb\data\logs - but nothing of interest to this issue.
I can start Biab again - and continue working since I use "print preview" again.
Any idea, what I can do?
Thanks + Regards Rainer
Before clicking Print Preview, go to Print Setup. Try selecting a different device in that dialog - does the same thing happen no matter which one is selected? There might be a clue there..
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BiaB ends when I use Print Preview - 07/31/23 04:28 PM
In your problem description I’m not clear about what happens when you restart BIAB. Are you saying by “continue working” that Print Preview then works?

And yes, please tell us what printer drivers you have installed, and which is selected in BIAB.
Posted By: black_bottom Re: BiaB ends when I use Print Preview - 08/01/23 11:42 AM
So -

1) I start BiaB (64 bit 2023, PC with 16GB RAM) and load my song
2) I run printer setup and choose the printer "microsoft print to pdf"
3) 1 click "ok print perview"
4) Biab ends without any hint, message, nothing
5) windows still runs

next ->

1) I start BiaB again, no problem, no message, nothing, hint why it ends last time
2) 1 load my song
3) .. like above I try also printers HP office 9014 (which is online), pdf995 -always the same. Biab ends without any message, hint , ..

what to do?

Thanks and Regards Rainer
Posted By: black_bottom Re: BiaB ends when I use Print Preview - 08/02/23 01:25 PM
I found a workaround.

Before I press "print perview" I extent "End of my song" (in bars) from 98 to 120 (in this issue) and save the song. After this I reduce back to 98 bars and don't save the song. Then I press "printer preview" and .... it works properly !

When I save the song again (with 98 bars), quit BiaB, start it again and press "printer preview" - BiaB ends without any message, hint like described above.

Weired ... is there anybody here from PGMusic to investigate this issue, I think thats an issue. Thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BiaB ends when I use Print Preview - 08/02/23 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: black_bottom
I found a workaround.

Before I press "print perview" I extent "End of my song" (in bars) from 98 to 120 (in this issue) and save the song. After this I reduce back to 98 bars and don't save the song. Then I press "printer preview" and .... it works properly !

When I save the song again (with 98 bars), quit BiaB, start it again and press "printer preview" - BiaB ends without any message, hint like described above.

Weired ... is there anybody here from PGMusic to investigate this issue, I think thats an issue. Thanks.

Contact PG Music Support. Their details are on this page.
© PG Music Forums