PG Music Home
Posted By: bopster1 Server issues - 08/09/11 12:21 PM
My ipod Biab never gets past the "loading styles" function, so I can't connect via the server now. Also, the BBtoGo window states that I need to upgrade to Quicktime 7.6 or higher, even though I set-up version 7.7 and rebooted my computer. Any ideas?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Server issues - 08/09/11 02:22 PM
What QuickTime version does the bb2go window say that you have?
Posted By: bopster1 Re: Server issues - 08/09/11 03:38 PM
It says I have version 7.0
Posted By: steelrain Re: Server issues - 08/10/11 05:18 AM
I have version 7.7 QuickTime installed. When I render from the bb2go window it creates wave files not mp4. When I use the render button from within the song and choose mp4 it tells me I have to install or update my QuickTime 7.7

I went to the apple site and downloaded the installer which updated 5 java files but nothing else. After restarting my windows 7, 64 bit the problem persists.

This problem just started in the last couple days. It was rendering properly up till then. I had made no changes to QuickTime or BIAB b4 this started.

updating from build 314 to 318 to see if that fixes this...

Did not fix but now I see the error in the bb2go window, need 7.6 or later, you have 7.0
I also uninstalled and reinstalled quicktime 7.7 and problem persists.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Server issues - 08/10/11 07:54 PM
Thanks. You're right, and I've spotted and fixed the error.

The issue would affect QuickTime for Windows 7.7, which is the latest version. It isn't a QuickTime problem, it was a BB problem with the QT version number.

We've posted fixes for this in a patch, available for BB 2011, and BB 2011.5 for Windows.
Get the patch here...

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm
Posted By: steelrain Re: Server issues - 08/10/11 11:36 PM
Thanks for the fast turnaround on the 2011 version, it it is much appreciated!
© PG Music Forums