PG Music Home
I was wondering if PG Music can change their sale policy regarding the RealTracks sets.

Why can't one just buy a particular set that they really want, rather than buy a whole pack which includes about 5 sets at the moment?

It would help reduce the price and attract more buyers.

Thank you
Good idea that you should post on the Band in a Box Wishlist forum.

--Mac
Look at all the fun you'd miss by doing that.

Real tracks a-la-cart.... probably the same reason Cable TV and satellite don't let you shop that way.
Hi fantasyvn!

Although you can't purchase individual RealTracks, you can purchase by Set, rather than a RealPAK with multiple Sets.

Individual Sets can be purchased here:
http://www.pgmusic.com/realtracks.all.php?os=win

Enjoy!
Thank you so much for your kind replies.
For the same reason the cable company will not let you cherry pick the channels, just want you to buy the bundled channels....uh, I forgot the reason! Uhmn....
One reason that readily comes to mind is the increased cost in resources necessary to set up sales in that method. Wholesale is always going to be cheaper for both consumer and provider than Retail, just the way things work.

Sony Acid tried selling Loops one-at-a-time over the Internet, don't know if they still do or not, but there's one model.

--Mac
I totally understand trying to keep within budget and all that but still it is amazing what you can do with Real Tracks that at first don't look like they fit your song.

What many don't realize is Biab allows you to put ANY RT into ANY style. You could start with a pop jazz style and put a heavy metal guitar on the piano track, a celtic fiddle on the guitar track and a jazz bass on the strings track. AND, you can change RT's anywhere in the song you want using the F5 menu so now you could have like 20 different RT's in one song. The possible combinations is truly mind boggling.

Once you start doing some experiments with this you soon realize you want as many RT's as you can get.

Bob
I agree ^^
I use RT's from styles I would never have though I'd use .. because they were there and they worked for my purpose.

Plus there are features in BB that would be hampered this way, on the programming side I can see this adding more work to sell less product and then deal with supporting 'crippled' features that rely on these installs.
© PG Music Forums