PG Music Home
A RealTracks update is available for Band-in-a-Box 2017

Download the RealTracks update (900 MB)

This is a cumulative patch that includes all updates for RealTracks released with Band-in-a-Box 2017.

A few wave files are updated, so people with the "Audiophile" hard drive version can instead download this larger patch. (1800 MB)

Summary of changes (Feb 23, 2017):

• Improved: Riff selection for RealTrack Guitar, Electric, Soloist TrainBeatBrent12-key Ev16 090.
  • Fixed: RealTracks audition solo demo for RT#2682.
  • Added or Fixed: Shots and Holds for many RealTracks including the following RealTracks:
    2573: Horn Section, Rhythm MelodicOldWorldWaltz2Part Ev 180
    2722: Bass, Electric, PeruFestejo68 Sw 120
    2725: Bass, Electric, PeruValsCriollo Ev 140
    2765: Bass, Electric, PuertoRicoAguinaldo Ev16 120
    2768: Bass, Electric, AndesHuaynoA-B Ev16 085
    2769: Bass, Electric, AndesHuaynoTriad Ev16 085
    2702: Bass, Synth, CloudRapSub Ev16 075
    2770: Bass, Electric, AndesHuaynoOffbeat Ev16 085
    2773: Harp, Rhythm Celtic16ths Ev16 075
    2774: Harp, Rhythm CelticWaltzSlow Ev 085
    2775: Harp, Rhythm CelticWaltz Ev 110
    2776: Harp, Rhythm CelticJig Sw 110
    2820: Harp, Rhythm ClassicalSlow8ths Ev 085
    2823: Guitarron, MariachiWaltz Ev 150
    2824: Pedal Steel, Soloist CountryEddy12-key Ev 085
  • Fixed: Typo in bio's of artists Jim McGillveray and Juan Jimenez.
  • Fixed: Notation was missing for one of the tracks in Artist Performance set 2 (GypsyJazzLatin Ev165)

Summary of changes (Jan 20, 2017):

• Added: Solo and band audition demos for all MIDI SuperTracks.
  • Added: All missing 'RealDrums Demos Audio' files for RealDrums.
  • Improved: Patch assignments for MIDI SuperTracks Styles.
  • Fixed: Audition demos for some piano and organ RealTracks were not playing properly.
  • Added: Additional missing Shots and Holds files 324 and 340-350.
  • Improved: Decibal offsets fine-tuned for most of the new (2017) RealStyles, and RealDrums.
  • Fixed: Problem with TambourineCelticEv16.
  • Fixed: Third variation for TambourineShuffle[single]^ and PercValsCriollo^ not working correctly.
  • Fixed: RealTrack Bass, Acoustic, RockabillySlapBoomChicka Ev16 100 was playing endings as regular chords.
  • Fixed: Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Rhythm) and Banjo, Bluegrass Doc Ev 100 (Soloist) both had issues with endings and the simple variation.
  • Fixed: Wrong audio demo was playing for Horn Section, Background CroonerBossa10-Part Ev 110.
  • Fixed: _C34PNRT.STY was playing in 4/4 time instead of the intended.

Summary of changes (Dec 13, 2016):

• Fixed: Some incorrect set numbers listed in RealDrums and RealTracks Picker.
  • Fixed: Some incorrectly named RealTracks Demos folders.
  • Added: Missing Shots and Holds files.
  • Fixed: Many of the song demos from the sets of 202 New RealTracks (also _CASUALE from the "Rediscovered" bonus), have been updated to add missing memos and to fix some problems with chord progressions.
  • Fixed: Many style demos have been improved with memos to describe the style and song.
  • Fixed: Several songs demos are fixed to remove unneeded frozen tracks.
  • Fixed: _BYNIGHT, _GOGETER, _SONGBRD and _THOUGHT song-generation issues.
Five attempts to download this over the last 30 minutes, five fails.

Something's going on with your server.

Bob
It was a bit slow for me, but finished in 4 minutes.
Here in Italy all ok!

A bit slow (over 30 minutes) but all well
If you are talking about the 900 MB file, 4 min is excellent as far as I'm concerned - that's over 20 mbps transfer speed. 30 min is something like 4 mbps. You may or may not be happy with that depending on where you live in the world and what your internet plan is. If you are having trouble downloading the file, try running tracert dl08.pgmusic.com from the command prompt. That may give you a clue as to where/if there is a problem. Currently I am not seeing any problem with the server.
I got the 1.8Gb Audiophile into Australia OK, took more than 4 minutes, but it wasn't that bad really.
My initial results below; 28 minutes at (near) 50 meg connection (limited by wireless or it would be higher)...

*Edit;
after checking connection speed, I came back to my forum window and download time is now 31 minutes.
It got slower.
/I dunno

Last image is the tracert.
I don't know why it is going back to Montreal after it left here and got to Chicago, but it did resolve. However that redirect added significant delay.
Meanwhile my download still drags.

Maybe a temporary internet routing issue (??)
FWIW it did indeed fail later

Attached picture SlowServer.jpg
Attached picture DL_Speed.jpg
Attached picture tracert.jpg
Just tried it again now. Failed. It's downloading something because it takes about two minutes to finish but it's not completing? It almost seems like there's some final piece of the download that's not coming through. Dunno. Last Nov every single RT download failed multiple times but I eventually got them.

I'm in LA using Frontier Fios which is right up there as one of the best internet speeds and connections in the US. I'm having zero issues with any other downloads and I do a lot for business.

Bob
Failed again here today also
same clues; it downloads for a few minutes then fails.
Sorry guys, but I just downloaded and installed here.... no problems.
Well that's fine for you smile

I see it gets to the end and fails (see image below), did it again just now ..

Attached picture DL_fails2.jpg
new discovery
It worked in Chrome.
FF was failing repeatedly.

/Then again I'm running a future FF version .. but it hasn't affected anything else
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Sorry guys, but I just downloaded and installed here.... no problems.

IE 11
Installed the update and immediately get a Divide by Zero error when I launch. The program currently is dead. FWIW, when I launch RealBand, it reports that BiaB changed location from my Audiophile drive back to C:\bb\

Norton reports finding HeurAdvML.B virus. I have told Norton to restore the file in case it is legit, but do not wish to run it unless I know it is safe.

How to fix this? (I am reloading from your link here, so I have the 1800M file, hope that fixes it. (finished the DL, Norton was happy.)

<Update:> Did NOT work. Still get Divide by Zero error. Prog will not run. Tried Run as Admin, same thing. Fortunately, RealBand still runs.
Downloaded all three new files using Win 10 and Chrome.

Everything worked perfectly, including the updated programs. I didn't get any strange message after updating the Real Tracks either.

I'm sorry for you, guys; you've been so unlucky!

HTH,
For me everything is in order, downloading about 30 minutes and successfully installed (Czech Republic).

---------------------------------------------------------
BIAB 2017, Windows 10, Studio One 2.6, Melodyne Studio 4,
Sibelius 8, Music Creator 6 Touch, ACID Music Studio 9.0
No problems here. This patch solved trouble with the harp holds.
Thanks
Originally Posted By: rharv
new discovery
It worked in Chrome.

/Then again I'm running a future FF version .. but it hasn't affected anything else

Bingo! That did it except I used Edge and it went right through.

Funny I've used FF for so long and it's been so stable it never occurred to me it could be the issue but apparently it is.

Bob
Bob,

I've been using Freedownload Manager (FDM) for a number of years. Sometimes I have have to start the download in Firefox to get the proper download URL but I then copy it to FDM and the program does the rest.

I downloaded and installed both files ok. (The 1.8 GB file for the Audiophile USB drive and the 900 MB for the wma installation on my hard drive.)

Noel
I've failed twice using Mozilla and windows 10 over WIFI. Now I'm using LAN cable. I'm trying in chrome this time. 100 mb connection in theory. grin 4 mins on the LAN. The 2nd time it downloaded ok but said it was corrupt.

Edit: 3rd time fine and in 4 mins! Using LAN cable, and Chrome. Maybe it's something to do with me doing it more slowly over WIFI with other stuff going on.
d/l and installed via Firefox here. No probs so far.
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
Originally Posted By: rharv
new discovery
It worked in Chrome.

Bingo! That did it except I used Edge and it went right through.

Funny I've used FF for so long and it's been so stable it never occurred to me it could be the issue but apparently it is.

Bob

As you're a FF user try using the DownThemAll plugin

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/downthemall/
http://www.downthemall.net/

It uses multiple streams to download faster. I didn't have any problems downloading the update using it.

Regards
I usually use Waterfox (a variation of Firefox) but because of the reported problems I used Edge. Downloaded in 5.5 minutes, no problems.
I have followed the Support Line's instructions and reinstalled the patch to no avail. Divide by Zero crash every time.

Can you send me a link to a way to roll back the program update? (I'd still like to keep the Real Track updates, but need the previous program back.)

Thanks.
David,

To step back to the previous build, go to the link below and...

1. Select the Windows or Mac Software Updates (as appropriate for your system).

2. Download the previous build number that you want.

3. Close BIAB.

4. Run the exe file (and double-check that the program paths are correct when prompted).

http://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm

Doing the above will restore the previous program build for you. The Realtracks update will stay in place.

Regards,
Noel

P.S. I just read Matt's answer. I wasn't aware of that alternative. His approach is nice and simple.
Just overwrite the BBW.EXE file with the last (latest) one in the Backup folder.
Thanks to both of you - Matt, your idea worked great - I still get a message that there is an update - but the BBW.EXE file in the folder was dated 8 2016, somehow the program update did not install. Anyone else with this issue might want to check.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Just overwrite the BBW.EXE file with the last one in the Backup folder.
Matt, this information would make a nice post in the Tips & Tricks section of the forum.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Just overwrite the BBW.EXE file with the last one in the Backup folder.
Matt, this information would make a nice post in the Tips & Tricks section of the forum.

Thanks, Jim. I remember doing this many years ago, and I assume that's why the /bb/bb2017_backup folder is there at all, so we can. I hesitate to recommend this procedure to everyone because I never know how fluent they are manipulating files (renaming then copying and renaming). Me, I taught DOS when it first came out...

Most recently, some poster from PG Music gave the advice to download and run a prior build (what Noel said) so until they give some direction, I don't want to counter their most recent advice in a general tip.

Three thoughts:

1) I'm putting together a BIAB First Aide PDF, and maybe this should be in it.

2) Perhaps PG Music could add a batch file to accomplish the task. It could just revert to the prior build, or optimally allow selection of the desired prior build from a list.

3) there are a ton of files you and everyone can safely delete, for all the backup files in /bb/bb2016_backup files, /bb2015_backup files etc.

Hey, I really like that idea!

2) Perhaps PG Music could add a batch file to accomplish the task. It could just revert to the prior build, or optimally allow selection of the desired prior build from a list.

3) there are a ton of files you and everyone can safely delete, for all the backup files in /bb/bb2016_backup files, /bb2015_backup files etc.

1. I'll be at the front-of-the-line to download your pdf. That is a great idea.

2. If not PG Music then perhaps someone else will like the idea enough to create the batch file.
Cool, Jim.

About the batch file, it would be easy IF PG Music makes a change in how the files are named. Now, they are all unique names with a date in them. I'm pretty good at batch file programming but I'm not sure how to select only the newest file in a list. PG Music could write the batch file and hard code the file name in if they wanted to update the batch file each time a new update is released, though.
After reading all this post about the size and problem with this update files, I almost lost my hope about ever be able to run this program without any problems... 2016 running without problem for me a whole year.. After purchasing 2017 audiophile I have had so many problems and so little time to fix it, that I resorted to other stuff instead..

It's frustrating enough to live in a country with the worse internet connection in the word, without additional problems with BiaB...

I'm going to post today in another forum about my main problem, so I will not spend time on it here.. Just a suggestion;

Why not offer "us unfortunate" with slow and unstable internet connection a subscription solution for updates by CD on a a monthly basis? I would happily pay for it, to have all latest updates mailed to me on a CD every month... Would save me a lot of trouble and frustration all day long...

My best speed is around 150-300 kb/s at night time around 3-4am, when most people sleep... At ordinary days, it's around 30kb/s Hardly enough to open google and facebook.... Even going to an internet cafe with the fastest speed available can be a pain in the [*****] sometimes...

So u guys that can do this stuff in like 4-5 min. are some kind of lucky [*****]...;)
Trygve,

Are you aware that with the Audiophile version it's possible to install the wma version of the program on your computer? That's like installing the Everything Pak.

I have the Audiophile edition and what I do is to use the hard drive installation mostly. I use the Audiophile tracks when I want to create a backing and I want the best quality instrumental files.

I'm sure if you contact PG Music Sales, they will be able to organise something for you with updates. Send them an email and ask. You could even mark it "Attention Callie". Callie often visits these forums and helps many people.

Regards,
Noel

Quote:
After reading all this post about the size and problem with this update files, I almost lost my hope about ever be able to run this program without any problems...

There is no problem with the update or download. This thread just became a discussion for various patch and download related topics that people wanted to discuss. One or two people had problem with their download and it's not clear what it the issue was, seemingly browser related. There have been thousands of successful downloads, and the patch does not update the bbw.exe, just updates a few RealTracks audio files and ST2's.
© PG Music Forums