PG Music Home
Before upgrading anything I did a slow rebuild of my styles in the stylepicker and the total was 6689.

After upgrading 2018 UltraPAK to 2019 UltraPAK and installing the 49 PAK and installing the Xtra Styles PAK 6 I went back to stylepicker and did a slow rebuild again and the total is 6743.

So doing some simple math...6743 - 6689 = 54 new styles

But wait, surely there are some styles included in the 2019 UltraPAK, right? And even if there are not, the Xtra Styles PAK 6 claims to provide 162 new styles.

So, I am missing at least 108 styles!

How can I locate the missing styles?
In The stylepicker Select other and show 2019 styles. That will show the newest styles.
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
In The stylepicker Select other and show 2019 styles. That will show the newest styles.

Thanks Peter! That is great for finding the new ones but why did my total count only go up by 54 styles? I screen captured the before upgrade and the difference between what I had before and what I have now is 54. Seems like I lost some styles during the upgrade.
Bump
JohnJohnJohn - it could be that your installation of RealTracks is not complete - double check using the Download Manager within the program.
https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_downloadmanager.htm
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
JohnJohnJohn - it could be that your installation of RealTracks is not complete - double check using the Download Manager within the program.
https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_downloadmanager.htm

Thank you Callie! I will try that and report back.
Hi John,

The total possible styles to have from us is 6,700.
That consists of 971 xtra styles and 5,729 regular styles

You have 6,743, which is more than we have! Obviously you have some third party styles in there to account for the extra. If you have more than 43 user styles, then you are missing some styles that we previously released. These can easily be seen by using the "Other" menu in the stylepicker, and selecting to show ALL styles (including N/A styles), or just show N/A styles (styles that you don't have).

Summary: I'd recommend that show N/A styles and you can instantly see if you are missing any styles or not.

Version 2019 brings a HUGE number of new styles - 469 , as you can see when you choose "Show 2019 styles only" -

That 469 new styles with 2019 consists of :

UltraPAK 225 styles (all RealStyles)

Bonus styles (FREE w/ any upgrade or first time) 21 styles (15 MIDI styles, 6 RealStyles)

XtraPak $29 (163),

BonusPAK $49 60 styles (45 RealStyles , and 15 new MIDI styles (MIDI are marked as bonus)

Thanks so much for the help Peter! I really appreciate you sharing the numbers so I can figure this out.

But something happened because the numbers don't work! Either 1) I didn't get all the new styles or 2) some of my existing styles got deleted by the installer or 3) some of the new styles were duplicates of what I already had. I can't think of any other explanation for the numeric disparity.

Btw, I have never purchased styles from anyone but PGM. And I don't think I installed more than a handful of user styles if I ever did.

I have been buying the upgrades since 2012 and always install them over existing installation so everything should be there!
> Btw, I have never purchased styles from anyone but PGM. And I don't think I installed more than a handful of user styles if I ever did.

OK, and you report that you have 6,723 styles, which is more than the 6,700 styles that we make. A simple check (see my post above) would list any missing styles, but it sounds like you have them all, and then some.

Btw, the 607 patch that’s just out provides about 30 more styles. https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm
Maybe I'm not communicating clearly, sorry.

I checked my styles count before upgrading and then again after upgrading and the difference in the before and after does not make sense unless 1) I didn't get all the new styles or 2) some of my existing styles got deleted by the installer or 3) some of the new styles were duplicates of what I already had.

Regardless of whether I have all the styles you make or not it seems that the increase should be the number of new styles in 2019!
JJJ, what does the 'What Addons Do I have' item show in the missing lists? (Help drop-down menu)

Attached picture 2018-12-19_11-46-36.jpg
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
JJJ, what does the 'What Addons Do I have' item show in the missing lists? (Help drop-down menu)

It says I have everything. I think I am sorted now since Peter gave me some counts to check of the new styles and it seems they are all there so I think I'm good! Thanks Trev!
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
> Btw, I have never purchased styles from anyone but PGM. And I don't think I installed more than a handful of user styles if I ever did.

OK, and you report that you have 6,723 styles, which is more than the 6,700 styles that we make. A simple check (see my post above) would list any missing styles, but it sounds like you have them all, and then some.

Btw, the 607 patch that’s just out provides about 30 more styles. https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

I think I am all sorted now Peter! Thank you so much for the tips and for the counts I should expect to see. I see the new ones now and I'm excited to get to playing with them! Thanks again!!
I am having an issue also. Was provided with the 2019 UltraPAK on USB hard drive by PG Music, downloaded and installed the BonusPAK for 2019.

I have just over 5700 styles.

Please advise.
jerrypettit:

Follow through this entire thread, especially the post from Peter 12/18/18 10:37 AM. That should give you a place to start your styles counts.

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Jerry,

Do you own all six of the ExtraPaks of styles? These are an add-on (as far as I'm aware). The last one, Pak6 came out this December.

Regards,
Noel
© PG Music Forums