PG Music Home
In our latest video, Anthony explains using the Melody Sequencer to separate MIDI channels within the program:

Read more about this feature.
Is this feature new?? I don't recall the ability to sequence the multiple midi channels in an imported multi channel midi file. In the past I have moved to RB or my DAW to split things up. When did this feature come along??
Dan,

I don't know the answer to your question so I'll defer to others for the answer.

Callie,

Tell Anthony thanks for creating the video and providing such a clear explanation. Videos like this will help a lot of users discover the power of MIDI and the power of Band-in-a-Box.

Is there a plan to create a companion video demonstrating use of the melody sequencer to record multi-track midi data?
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Is this feature new?? I don't recall the ability to sequence the multiple midi channels in an imported multi channel midi file. In the past I have moved to RB or my DAW to split things up. When did this feature come along??

This feature has been around for years I believe. I normally access it from the classic view by selecting the Green Sequencer Button. When you select the button, a drop down menu opens to select between the Melody Track and the Soloist Track.

Many times I take an additional step and open Edit\Copy Special...\Copy/Move Tracks...

A window opens that allows me to select any of the 16 available channels and move the midi information from that channel to one of the other legacy channels and also freeze the data on the legacy channel. Doing that allows me to not only select different patches to play the midi data from the midi song, but to apply VST Plug in's and Fx's available through the mixer to that data.

In the first attached photo, I have moved the Bass part on Channel 1 from the song on the Melody Track to the Legacy Bass Track in the Mixer and applied a Sforzando Bass Patch. Although the menu says 'move' I have to open the Sequencer and either uncheck or delete the Bass Part from the Melody Track. I always delete it. Note the Sequencer Button located beside the Chord Options Button in the second photo and the Sforzando 64 Patch Plug In on the Bass Track.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Attached picture Capture1.JPG
© PG Music Forums