PG Music Home
Posted By: berntd Stylemaker questions and woes. - 04/11/20 07:43 PM
I made my first style.

Single instrument piano.
It has a definite left hand pattern and chords in right hand.

Several problems and questions came up so far:

1) when generating a song, BIAB changes the left hand pattern, upsetting the specific pattern I wanted. Not for all bars. Random. How do I prevent that?

2) How do I get my style to work for C7 and other chords? Especially on beat 3 and 4 I cannot get it to work at all. It just plays normal C.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Stylemaker questions and woes. - 04/11/20 08:05 PM
Hi berntd,

Have you had the opportunity to work through the video called "Band in a Box Stylemaker" that's found in the "Advanced" section at the below link? It's 37 minutes long.

https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

This may well help iron out the issue for you.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Stylemaker questions and woes. - 04/17/20 05:26 PM
Hello berntd!

If you still have further questions after reviewing the video that Noel96 posted, please feel free to reach out to us at support@pgmusic.com. The StyleMaker is fairly advanced, which is part of the reason why the video is so extensive. If there's a specific part you're stuck on we'd be more than happy to help you out. Or, if the obstacles you are facing persist or have other questions about the StyleMaker you can always post them here.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Stylemaker questions and woes. - 04/18/20 01:11 PM
1) when generating a song, BIAB changes the left hand pattern, upsetting the specific pattern I wanted. Not for all bars. Random. How do I prevent that?

It always starts a pattern from the beginning, regardless of where it is in the bar.
If you press F10 function key or the edit/options button you’ll see options that can customize the pattern to only be chosen for odd or even numbered bars etc.

2) How do I get my style to work for C7 and other chords? Especially on beat 3 and 4 I cannot get it to work at all. It just plays normal C.

Likely because you haven’t put a 7th (Bb nite) in the pattern early enough (in the first one or two beats),

Watching the videos that Ember pointed to should be a big help.
© PG Music Forums