PG Music Home
Posted By: Beachboy XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/02/21 10:49 PM
Any one know the difference?
Why is this new offering not just Xtra style Pak 12?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/02/21 11:37 PM
Reading the description, it appears that this XPro product works with BIAB Pro version (the starter version) or anything greater. That is unlike the Xtra Styles, which require the RealTracks of the UltraPak version (or audiophile).
Posted By: Beachboy Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/02/21 11:52 PM
mmm... I wonder have they drawn previous styles from other Xtra Paks or if they are going to be added to future Paks.
Seems a strange beast which just seems to muddy the waters.
Posted By: MikeK Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/02/21 11:56 PM
Spoiler alert!!!!

I purchased and it was a MAC version download - not Windows which I need! Already messaged support! As I recall, there was no option to choose the OS.

Careful with your purchase!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 12:05 AM
I trust Mike will get it taken care of. The Mac 2021 version was just released and there are probably some tweaks needed in Sales.

As to the XPro styles, perhaps I wasn't clear. They cannot be drawn from the other Xtra Styles because the Xtra Styles require that the user has the UltraPak or audiophile version. As I understand it, the need arose because some people who had the Pro version complained about buying the Xtra Styles when they had not read the requirements. The Xtra Styles do not work with just the Pro version. Now PG Music has released a pak of styles that does work with any version.
Posted By: MikeK Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 12:08 AM
Got it, Matt. Thanks for the info. Listened to the demos and they sounded great to me! Had to have, but... well, I am sure Sales or Support will figure it out. They are good at these things.

Appreciate your input!
Posted By: Beachboy Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 12:18 AM
Thanks Matt smile
Posted By: Brille Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 05:37 AM
Is the XPro-Pak also worthwhile for owners of the Ultrapak? Does it contain completely new styles that were not already similarly contained in other Stylepaks? The style names are all new, so it's difficult to compare them to existing styles.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 06:38 AM
The website seems to be the issue. The link listed takes you to the Mac OS version. No way to select Windows version. I had the same problem - when I went to pay it said OS Mac. I bailed out. Did a lot of searching and found this page:

Windows XPro Style version

...Deb
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 09:28 AM
I just went through not using your link, Deb, and the checkout said Windows version. But I've asked the developers to verify it's all working correctly.

I also asked them for an explanation whether the Xpro styles offer anything we don't have in the 11 Xtra Styles Paks. Stand by.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 09:33 AM
I would need a definite answer from someone at PGMUSIC, not from a fellow member who does not work there or is associated with them.:

Are the styles contained in the XPRo package for Windows or MAC 100% new styles that have NOT been previously released in XTRA PAKS 1-11?

I certainly would not like it if I purchased the new styles only to find out they have already been released under different names under packs 1-11.

Please chime in here PGMUSIC as I am sure that many other users have the same question.
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 09:44 AM
See Matt Finley's answer, it's very clear. Unpublished FOR the basic version. Always appreciable for newbies. PG would tell you the same thing. So they use the RTs of the Pro version (Basic version) to show the magic they can do.
Posted By: stratos Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 09:47 AM
Originally Posted By: MikeK
Spoiler alert!!!!

I purchased and it was a MAC version download - not Windows which I need! Already messaged support! As I recall, there was no option to choose the OS.

Careful with your purchase!

I have experienced the same.
"Shopping Cart" says OS MAC
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 10:08 AM
For the XPro Styles showing as Mac instead of Windows, I just checked and this link appears to show the correct windows version once added to the cart: https://www.pgmusic.com/xpro.php?os=win

Please let us know via live chat or sales@pgmusic.com if there are any further ordering issues.

There were many customers with the Pro PAK and MegaPAK who have been requesting additional Styles PAKs that are compatible for them, since the Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAk and higher. The XPro PAK is compatible for customers with these Band-in-a-Box PAKs. Since the UltraPAK and higher are larger, the XPro PAK is compatible with these PAKs as well.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 10:37 AM
Thank you Chantelle. That confirms my speculation above.

The remaining question is, if someone does have the UltraPak or higher, and they had already bought the 11 Xtra Styles Paks, would they get anything new in the Xpro Pak?
Posted By: MikeK Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 11:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
For the XPro Styles showing as Mac instead of Windows, I just checked and this link appears to show the correct windows version once added to the cart: https://www.pgmusic.com/xpro.php?os=win

Please let us know via live chat or sales@pgmusic.com if there are any further ordering issues.

There were many customers with the Pro PAK and MegaPAK who have been requesting additional Styles PAKs that are compatible for them, since the Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAk and higher. The XPro PAK is compatible for customers with these Band-in-a-Box PAKs. Since the UltraPAK and higher are larger, the XPro PAK is compatible with these PAKs as well.

I already sent an email to Sales, asking for a Windows download link. I paid for the MAC version, which is useless to me.

Thanks!
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 11:26 AM

The XPro styles Pak 1 has 100 unique RealStyles, not found on any Xtra styles set or elsewhere. Since it uses RealTracks from 2021 Pro version, it works with Pro or better, which includes Pro, Mega, Ultra, Audiophile.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 11:33 AM
Thank You Peter for a definite answer on this. Therefore, since I have the UltraPak for 2021 and all 11 XTRA Styles packs already, when I purchase the XPRo pack, I will get getting all new, never before seen styles.

The difference on the XPRo package is that anyone who has purchased any BIAB package for 2021 will be able to use these 100 new styles.

That clears it up perfectly for me.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 11:49 AM
Thank you, Peter.
Posted By: MarioD Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 08:53 PM
Thanx Peter for clearing that up.

Do these new pro styles have MIDI transcripts attached so those of use who prefer MIDI can use them?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 09:17 PM
> Do these new pro styles have MIDI transcripts attached so those of use who prefer MIDI can use them?

Mario,
The styles are RealStyles which are all RealTracks. But about 80% of the tracks have MIDI transcripts attached (which we call RealCharts) that you can use (drag the track radio button to the drop station, if use the edit copy command to copy the midi to a utility track.
Posted By: MikeK Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 10:52 PM
Thanks, Chantelle. Appreciate your quick resolution to my problem. You're awesome! smile
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/03/21 11:15 PM
I hope this is answered by staff. But I think the answer is going to be 'maybe' because they use RealTracks you and everyone else already have. Some of those probably have notation, but would they not also consider those that do not when building new styles?
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: XPRo vs Xtra Styles - 06/05/21 09:37 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

The XPro styles Pak 1 has 100 unique RealStyles, not found on any Xtra styles set or elsewhere. Since it uses RealTracks from 2021 Pro version, it works with Pro or better, which includes Pro, Mega, Ultra, Audiophile.

Thank You for the answer Mr. Gannon, I am off to spend $$ ! cool
© PG Music Forums