PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 07:21 AM
BiaB 2022 has been announced - It's here!

Many of the new features are going to be amazing! E.g. 4 chords per beat (instead of 1). Looking pretty good already.
nice.
but。。。
In BB VST, click the generate button to generate all pages. I don't like it. Longer generation time. The most important thing is that some pages I don't want to generate. I don't want all the pages to be regenerated in order to generate a real instrument. If you need to click in to generate it separately, it will waste time.

Yes looks like everyone is in for a treat this year.
Waouh!!!!!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 07:49 AM
It's pretty awesome!
Purchased and downloading now. Good thing I still have a US$-denominated credit card. My French PayPal account is in euros and PayPal uses a terrible (for me; great for them) exchange rate. PG Music purchases are US$ (and maybe CAD$) only. I have a U.S. PayPal account, but they asked for my French PayPal account, so happy I kept my U.S. credit card which I can pay from my U.S. bank, saving a lot of money. The only downside is that I still have to pay the 20% French VAT. Oh, well. Part of the price of living in a little corner of paradise here in Arcachon.

EDIT: I did get a "potential fraud alert" email, noting that the US$ charge was routed through the Netherlands. I confirmed that the charge was legit. Props to the card issuer!

EDIT: Question to PG Music: Any chance you can accept euros for payment in the future? Pretty please.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 09:10 AM
NICE!!! Won't get much real work done today, I suppose! Thanks for the early Christmas present, PG staff! smile
Posted By: shlind Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 09:53 AM
Has anyone seen the "discount coupon" to effectively cover the cost of additional VAT amount that was talked about before to recover the VAT when ordering outside US and ordering the new annual version of BIAB? I was about to place an order from sweden but I cant find the "discount coupon".
It’s especially helpful to watch the videos to understand the new features (which are amazing and answer some long-standing requests).
Posted By: receder Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 10:57 AM
Cool stuff! First update I have done in 3 years so it's a biggie.

Love the new system where you enter your serial number and it tells you which versions you can buy.
The new installer also makes it a breeze to download and install.

Thanks PG!
Posted By: Dave Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 11:21 AM
Any word on fixes to existing bugs?
We were looking for a new release based on cleaning up the existing product at the expense of "New" tracks, styles, features. But we seem to be back to the same problems we have been living with for years.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 11:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
It’s especially helpful to watch the videos to understand the new features (which are amazing and answer some long-standing requests).

for any newbies who might not know their way around the PGMusic web site, here's the link:
https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 11:41 AM
FWIW, the paypal option didn't work for me this year. It kept telling me to use a US based paypal account (Mine is)
Posted By: receder Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 02:27 PM
Ordered Xtra Pak 12 with my order but what was delivered (via D/L manager or manual D/L) was Xtra Pak 1 and Xtra Pak 2 (which I already own). PG Support are working on it! Thanks Chantelle.

Thought I would post here in case anyone else has a similar problem so you know that support are onto it.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 03:02 PM
Thanks for this bit of news. Same issue. Was about to contact support.
Posted By: receder Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 03:10 PM
Hi Mike,

Sometimes it helps to know that you aren't the only one with an issue. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon. I wonder if anyone who ordered Xtra Pak 11 got two links for Xtra Pak 1? smile
Posted By: MikeK Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 03:13 PM
Originally Posted By: receder
Hi Mike,

Sometimes it helps to know that you aren't the only one with an issue. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon. I wonder if anyone who ordered Xtra Pak 11 got two links for Xtra Pak 1? smile

Hey Receder - yeah, no doubt. LOL!

XP 11: that would be funny - NOT! HAHA!

Thanks again for sharing the news on this smile
Posted By: Milamber Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 03:36 PM
Originally Posted By: shlind
Has anyone seen the "discount coupon" to effectively cover the cost of additional VAT amount that was talked about before to recover the VAT when ordering outside US and ordering the new annual version of BIAB? I was about to place an order from sweden but I cant find the "discount coupon".

I seem to remember the same thing and have asked sales@ the question. BR

M.
Posted By: receder Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 03:38 PM
Originally Posted By: MikeK

Hey Receder - yeah, no doubt. LOL!

XP 11: that would be funny - NOT! HAHA!

Thanks again for sharing the news on this smile

Glad to help Mike.
looks wonderful - especially 'all tracks are equal' which seems to get around the previous BIAB restrictions of working with multiple tracks that meant going into RealBand.

four beats per quarter note also means more flexibility. but does anyone know if the new styles include more 6/8, 12/8 and 9/8 styles?

but overall a thumbs up from me.
Posted By: receder Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 03:51 PM
@MikeK

The Xtra PAK 12 issue now seems to be resolved as it is now correctly in my account and also available in Download Manager.

@Milamber

Wish I had known about the VAT recovery voucher. Is there any way to apply for this after buying?
Posted By: MikeK Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: receder
@MikeK

The Xtra PAK 12 issue now seems to be resolved as it is now correctly in my account and also available in Download Manager.

Thanks a bunch, my friend!
Originally Posted By: Dave
Any word on fixes to existing bugs?
We were looking for a new release based on cleaning up the existing product at the expense of "New" tracks, styles, features. But we seem to be back to the same problems we have been living with for years.

There are certainly a few bug fixes incorporated in the new release. Copying notes to a Tag ending no longer unexpectedly changes the Chorus length is one that comes to mind.
Posted By: jpettit Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 04:58 PM
The 2022 update is quite different then upgrades from the past.

Sure, it has hundreds of new real tracks and styles which are always welcome but most importantly it has many new paradigm-changing features allowing you to truly fine-tune your song progression style and even integrate melodies into what used to be just solid rhythm tracks. Even existing chord progressions can be given new rhythms and syncopations by using the new motif capability to force certain rhythm patterns with your existing chords.

Micro Chords: Finally, you can create syncopated chord changes. Passing 1/8th and 1/16th chord progressions are now a piece of cake. Getting the chord progression to play syncopations or create stronger rhythms unique to your song are now possible. This feature alone is a game-changer.

Drum Stems for those of you who use BIAB with a DAW or just want to have more control over your drum mix in BIAB, now you can do things like add reverb to just the snare or bring up the hi-hats etc. I was surprised how much this new feature help with the final song sound.

Playable Real Tracks: have you ever wanted your real tracks to follow the melody closer or have the bass player do a specific rundown that you hear in your head? Well now, this is all possible with the ingenious new way of integrating MIDI playback of Real tracks (separate RT notes) with the actual real track performance. Playable RTs

Multi Riff Comping another killer solution in 2022.
You can now do what in the past required using a comping process in your DAW to choose the best phrases out of a riff to build a killer solo. This now can be done directly in BIAB allowing you to choose bar by bar the best build-up of your solo. This alone is worth the price of admission. Multi Riff Comping

"All tracks are the Same" not to overlook the most basic change in 2022 where now you can treat band in the box like a pure 24 track song building tool. Each track can have your choice of instrument and introduce a more unified workflow for developing your song. An entire song production with up to twenty-four tracks, each having up to ten parallel RTs, 5-15 drum stems as many vocalist/harmonies as you need, can now be directly created in BIAB!

This is a no-brainer buy.

6 minute overview

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

for any newbies who might not know their way around the PGMusic web site, here's the link:
https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
Good idea, Pat. Thanks!
Quote:

I think I have a solution to the price concerns expressed in this thread. The concern as I've read here, is for existing customers, who tend to update each year at the time of the upgrade special (in December). The concern is that customers in some countries (Europe/UK) would face an approximate 20% increase for the update and other special items due to paying VAT, which for some might be a deal breaker on getting the update.

The solution is that we would, at the time of notifying of the update (Dec 2021), send a 20% off coupon to existing customers in those countries, that would be in addition to the other discounts in the special. It would also apply to other specials during the year like a new styles set. That 20%-off coupon would offset the extra cost and apply to all items purchased during the special.

I just added BIAB 2022 Ultrapak upgrade to my basket, on checkout it is adding 20% VAT (that's an extra $30).
Have any UK customers received a 20% discount coupon as Peter Gannon indicated in the above quote.

Thanks
Originally Posted By: Brian Cadoret
Quote:

I think I have a solution to the price concerns expressed in this thread. The concern as I've read here, is for existing customers, who tend to update each year at the time of the upgrade special (in December). The concern is that customers in some countries (Europe/UK) would face an approximate 20% increase for the update and other special items due to paying VAT, which for some might be a deal breaker on getting the update.

The solution is that we would, at the time of notifying of the update (Dec 2021), send a 20% off coupon to existing customers in those countries, that would be in addition to the other discounts in the special. It would also apply to other specials during the year like a new styles set. That 20%-off coupon would offset the extra cost and apply to all items purchased during the special.

I just added BIAB 2022 Ultrapak upgrade to my basket, on checkout it is adding 20% VAT (that's an extra $30).
Have any UK customers received a 20% discount coupon as Peter Gannon indicated in the above quote.

Thanks

Not I, for sure.! frown
I upgrade Ultra every year with all the add-on playthings but now its almost over $350 and geting a bit too rich for me.
The UK Gov screwed it for me by making it plus 20% VAT on digital DLs.
I'd be very happy to buy 2022 in all its glory now if PG and Peter would issue me with a Discount Code.
Any ideas when that might be?
Bests
ian
As always with software there will be bugs! Don't worry there will also be digital RAID! this years release if in my feeble opinion game changing and very work flow oriented.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/01/21 07:55 PM
This is an exciting update.

The prior implementation of multiple tracks initially looked great, but (for me) turned out to be far less useful that I had hoped.

And there are a lot of additions here that have been frequently asked for, which I could see using on a regular basis.

So this the first update in a while where the feature update is more exciting than the RealTracks. I may actually read the manual this time! wink
Originally Posted By: dcuny
This is an exciting update. ... I may actually read the manual this time! wink
The 2022 User Manual has about 200 less pages than the prior user manual. 2022 has about 450 pages.

You can download both the 2022 Upgrade and User Manuals +++ HERE +++
Originally Posted By: sixchannel

The UK Gov screwed it for me by making it plus 20% VAT on digital DLs.

Doubly annoying because VAT is an EU tax regime. :-(
I noticed another thread about your VAT. Perhaps there will be some mitigation.

About the manual, I can also recommend the videos. Those helped me understand the new features.
Quote:

Thanks

Wish I had known about that before upgrading. I moved to France from the U.S. 3 months ago and got charged the 20% VAT on top of the upgrade price for the UltraPak and the 49Pak.

Oh, well.
Quote:

Thanks

Have just gone through the buying process without actually buying, and 20% is added with no indication of any discount. Has P. Gannon's proposal been abandoned?
Vintage
Posted By: DJ_Kerzi Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 08:02 AM
I live in Austria and own BB Ultra PAK (bought 2021). Today I recieved a Mail from PG with infos to BB 2022 and the Promotional Code that gives me additional 20% off (until 31.12.2021). That relieved my decision to upgrade. The upgrade - process with the new Download- and Install - Manager ist very easy - I'm now looking foward to the new functions of BB.
Posted By: VintageGibson Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 08:11 AM
Good to know, will look out for email.
Good luck with BIAB2022, it looks very interesting this year.

Vintage

edit:
As I was typing above, the Email was winging its way to my inbox,
I am now a very happy chappie smile

Vintage
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 11:04 AM
User TheMartiann should contact PG Music.

Now if I understand this, just one day after doing all the work to release the upgrade, PG Music identified all its customers in the UK and the European Union and sent them an email. The offer is a 20% discount which is coming right out of their profits, in order to make the final price reasonable to people who live there.

If that’s right, I hope I see some more recognition of the generosity being shown here. Do you know any other company that would do this?
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 12:43 PM
I saw the release of the Software yesterday and I was waiting for the coupon to proceed with the update. And as PG promised, I received an email with this coupon.
And yes, I greatly appreciate the fact that they have kept their word, and I am well aware that this 20% helps us with the VAT, but that PG takes it directly out of its profits and I don't know of ANY company that would do that. This is why I am so grateful to them, for that but also for their inventiveness. What a great program!
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 01:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Marco76

And yes, I greatly appreciate the fact that they have kept their word, and I am well aware that this 20% helps us with the VAT, but that PG takes it directly out of its profits and I don't know of ANY company that would do that.

Yes! Oui!

I do know a few companies that have done it, but it's pretty rare.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 01:40 PM
I should say, I don't KNOW that it comes from PG Music's profits, but how else could it work?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 04:15 PM
I agree with Matt - the discount can only come out of PG Music profits. It's only been an issue for the past 18 months due to VAT rule changes in the EU and UK. We all used to pay the US Dollar price with no additions.

The discount code is a personal commitment from the PG of PG Music - Peter Gannon. Can't see many tech company owners showing that level of loyalty and concern for their customers. My code arrived this morning and I'll definitely be upgrading.

So thank you Peter, its reassuring that you are so hands-on. And it's also good that through live chat and these forums we get to know the team behind the software - Andrew, Simon, Chantelle and Ember to name just recent forum posters.
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 04:58 PM
I should say, I don't KNOW that it comes from PG Music's profits, but how else could it work?

I imagine it gets added into Cost of Goods Sold and can be budgeted any way PG pleases. Sales and discounts, after all, are part of doing business.

Sorry. I have a Mac, Santa has a lump of coal for me.
Posted By: cxp Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 06:12 PM
Before we get all sappy about how generous PG Music is I would like to call attention to the fact that prices have actually increased for many users.
In the past, upgrades came via disk drives, thumb drives, or hard drives and an immediate download capability was included as a feature. Unfortunately, the pricing model has changed. Download has become the default and thumb drives and hard drives add additional charges. With this pricing model in mind, without the hard drive, why would anyone (not subject to VAT) purchase the full download upgrade only to reload software they already have. The Plus Pak seems to be the only option that makes sense.
Over the decades I have gotten use to the quirky PG Music marketing and pricing bundles, but unless I am missing something, $149 download without the hard drive makes no sense.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 07:13 PM
i think times change and we are all used to digital downloads as the norm. in the UK i always used to get dvds but downloads are so much more convenient.

and sorry about the lump of coal Mark but it's unusual to hear a Mac user unhappy with their choice of Mac over windows! Merry Christmas.
Posted By: cxp Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 08:17 PM
It can be debated whether physical media or digital downloads are more convenient. They both have pros and cons. The point is you used to get both for the same price they are charging now for downloads only. This is a back door price increase.
I still do not understand the value of the $149 download only upgrade over the $99 Plus Pak upgrade. If it's download only, why download what you already have for additional cost when you can download the upgrade only?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/02/21 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By: cxp
It can be debated whether physical media or digital downloads are more convenient. They both have pros and cons. The point is you used to get both for the same price they are charging now for downloads only. This is a back door price increase.
I still do not understand the value of the $149 download only upgrade over the $99 Plus Pak upgrade. If it's download only, why download what you already have for additional cost when you can download the upgrade only?

I believe the $149 upgrade is going from lower priced version, the Pro and Mega versions, to the UItra version. The $99 plus version just adds the additional RTs, RDs, MIDI, etc to bring the 2021 Ultra and Ultra Plus versions up to the 2022 versions. If I am wrong then please correct me.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/03/21 07:01 AM
yes Mario - you're right. if someone has 2021 Pro they can upgrade to ultrapak for $149 whereas if you have 2021 ultrapak the upgrade is just $99

$149 is an amazing deal if you have one of the smaller packages and download is quick and easy
Posted By: Lee N Re: Promotional Code -20% - 12/03/21 08:18 AM
Originally Posted By: cxp

I spoke to support about this yesterday, there is a slight difference - the Pluspak is an incremental update and not an upgrade.

If I understood correctly, in simple terms, the upgrade is a full product while the update is a separate installation and can only update from the previous year.

What this means in practice is that if you were in need of a fresh install, eg., after a computer crash or whatever, then the full upgrade will be a single straightforward install. If, however, you have purchased the Pluspak for the past few years then you'll have to first install your last full purchase / upgrade and then incrementally install each of the Pluspaks to bring it back up to date. No real biggie, just messier, but you don't lose out on anything.

All assuming I understood correctly, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
Posted By: Koloman Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/03/21 12:43 PM
Installation with the Install Manager went very well (and long).
Looking forward to understand the new features
Wolfgang from wet Austria
the upgrade options really are quite simple. if you have 2021 ultrapak, getting the new program and new realtracks is $99. if you have the 2021 propak - the smallest pack available - for £149 you get the program update and all the other realtracks in the ultrapak which is a huge amount of extra music
Posted By: cxp Re: Fantastic News! - BiaB 2022 has arrived - 12/03/21 01:19 PM
The difference between the PlusPak upgrade and the full upgrade is understood. The real point of the discussion is that last year you got a hard drive for that same $149 and now you don't.

I have always had the Ultra Pak and every few years I would buy the hard drive update in order to have the latest factory version of the complete program. It would come in handy many times, allowing me to avoid the "Return to Factory Settings" option on my desktop or for other flexibilty. This no longer makes sense.
It reminds me of when Apple removed the cd player to refine the silhouette and move people to the cloud. Everything is dematerialized but remains the essential: an excellent program. Less pollution, less waste, good music.
a little bit of bad news, apparently this is the last year of the 20% discount to offset european VAT so next year we'll be back to US Dollars plus VAT for the upgrade.

thanks to PG Music for two years of subsidy but it really was too good to last.
© PG Music Forums