PG Music Home
Posted By: Blastimo where to obtain VST Band-in-a-Box 2017? - 06/25/19 04:15 PM
Hi,

I have only Band-in-a-Box 2017 and i don't want to buy again Band-in-a-Box 2019 or pack with this vst requiring Band-in-a-Box 2019.
My music software doesn't recognize the plugin Band-in-a-Box.
So:
1)Where can i download for free this vst to use it with music software?

2)Where can i buy cheapest this vst to use it with music software?

thanks
Posted By: jford Re: where to obtain VST Band-in-a-Box 2017? - 06/25/19 05:15 PM
The Band-in-a-Box plugin is only available with BIAB 2019 and you need BIAB 2019 to use it. All the content used to generate tracks using the plugin are the content you get when you buy BIAB 2019. So it is not available for free.

If you wish to use the plugin, you will need to upgrade to the latest version of BIAB. The kinds of tracks you can generate are dependent upon which BIAB package you buy. So, if you only buy the Pro-Pak, you will not be able to generate the quantity and variety of style tracks as you can with the UltraPak.
Greetings Blastimo,

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are a long time user of Band-in-a-Box.

As jford stated above, you'll need to update to 2019 or wait to purchase a future release.

From the Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin webpage:
Quote:
We include the VST DAW plugin with any Band-in-a-Box 2019 package
+++ Plugin Webpage +++

Presently the 2019 Band-in-a-Box installer file includes the latest version of the Band-in-a-Box program and the latest plugin installer file.

The plugin is actually a bunch of plugins with 32 and 64 bit versions of AAX, VST, VST3 and VSTi. Different DAWs demand different plugins and PG Music has created a plugin for every daw the user base has named.

The Pro PAK is the least expensive package PG Music offers. Even if you purchased the Pro PAK in 2017 the 2019 Pro PAK includes new content added to the package since 2017. Check out the comparison chart about half way down +++ THIS +++ webpage.
© PG Music Forums