PG Music Home
From the Reaper forum:
Quote:
I've been scratching my head on how to get these to work together. My problem is getting the VST to play when I press play/record in Reaper.

I can load up the BiaB vst and create a song, etc. Generate, and drag tracks into Reaper. All fine. But when I Play or Record in Reaper, while it will play the tracks I dragged, BiaB doesn't start, so it's not highlighting the chords (which is why I want to use it in Reaper)

And if I press Play on the Biab VST, then it plays but doesn't play/record in Reaper.

It's like they are completely disconnected from each other. But I've watched numerous videos that show the VST and Reaper both playing simultaneously, so I'm obviously missing something.

Anyone know what I need to do to get them to work together?
Because you need to watch the videos to learn that you have to sync the tracks. And because it is hard to understand that while there is a mute button only selected tracks will play at all (at least when you hit the play button of the VST).

Perhaps many users would found it natural to make tracks not to play when the DAW play rather the other way round as it is now.

But hey, tastes differ widely and each has his own workflow.

Masi
This is the default action of 2 VSTi they both sync default and both have a sync to host button, and in RapidComposer I can solo or mute each track with the standard M S:

Attached File
BB-EZKeys-RC-Sync.gif  (132 downloads)
M S and drag track name to export

Attached File
BB-RC-Sync-Mute-Solo.gif  (122 downloads)
Masi:

Could you point people to those videos, please? They would be a big help.

Thanks,
J
Hi Jaschoon, you can find our tutorial videos here: https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm. Hope this helps!
Originally Posted By: Adar - PG Music
Hi Jaschoon, you can find our tutorial videos here: https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm. Hope this helps!

That is a good video for those whom use RTs. Can you do another for those of us who use MIDI? One that shows you how to assign sounds to a Studio One Pro tracks and have the plug-in play using those sounds without drag and dropping.
© PG Music Forums