PG Music Home
Posted By: Peters Garage White noise - 11/18/17 07:45 AM
Am I the only one experiencing white noise in a few of the styles, where it's not supposed to be there?
_HROCAMP style - will randomly generate white noise 8 out of 10 times in the Bass or Guitar 2, when I use chord progressions similar to this G.../G.A./D..C/D..C
Posted By: Noel96 Re: White noise - 11/18/17 01:05 PM
I run BIAB (Windows) and I was curious if I could repeat your problem.

I loaded the style, added a few repetitions of the chord progression that you have given and generated the backing a few times. So far I have not been able to get anything out of the ordinary happening.

Do you have the latest update for your version of BIAB installed? With the Windows version of the program, that update information is found under "Help | About Band In A Box". If you don't have the latest update, build 180, it would be worth visiting the URL below, downloading it and manually installing it.

http://www.pgmusic.com/support_macintoshupdates.htm

Also, do you run any plugins with BIAB? If so, which ones?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: w Re: White noise - 11/18/17 02:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
Am I the only one experiencing white noise in a few of the styles, where it's not supposed to be there?
_HROCAMP style - will randomly generate white noise 8 out of 10 times in the Bass or Guitar 2, when I use chord progressions similar to this G.../G.A./D..C/D..C

A very interesting discovery

I;m working on trying to replicate your findings however have you read the comments in the " Memo "text file.

A summary of the Memo is as follows:
Quote:
Both guitars as well as the bass use direct input signals combined with Amplitube to create new, unique tones.

Also the the name of the style tells it all.

The chord progressions you suggest would not be creating the white noise.

Attached picture Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 10.58.35 AM.png
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: White noise - 11/19/17 07:31 PM
I'm always running the latest build, since I've learned that the Mac-version always contain a lot of bug fixes at every new build.

I have no plug ins - since I only use BIAB for composing, and I drag whatever I can use into my DAW (Logic Pro X) and work with my songs there.
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: White noise - 11/19/17 07:34 PM
when I change to _HROCKLA (an almost similar STYLE) the white noise disappear, but when I change it back - I'm welcomed by random white noise again.

In BIAB 2015 for Mac I recall that using Real Styles with MIDI also caused these random problems with unwanted noise.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: White noise - 11/19/17 07:47 PM
Perhaps this is from an unregistered VST plugin. Is Amplitube the only one you are using? I do recall that there were a few plugins that would make an intentional noise every so often if they weren't registered.
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: White noise - 12/04/17 05:14 AM
Hi Andrew

how will BIAB find my Plugins? I use a few of them for Logic Pro X, but I never recall that I've added anything into BIAB

Cheers
Peter
Posted By: Guitartist Re: White noise - 12/04/17 07:48 PM
Hi Peter,

To access your plugins go to the mixer window and click the Plugins tab. From there you can add plugins to a track, scan your system plugins, and exclude plugins if so desired.

Ron

Attached picture BIAB Plugs.png
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: White noise - 12/06/17 05:35 PM
And problem solved - it was an unauthorized version of Amplitude - thank you to everyone participating especially Andrew and Guitarist :-)
© PG Music Forums