PG Music Home
Posted By: mrgeeze BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 03/28/21 05:38 PM
Wondering if there is an published release date for the 2021 MAC product yet.

Thanks,
Posted By: Roger Brown Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 03/28/21 09:34 PM
Anxiously waiting for it myself. However, PG Music hasn't typically announced a release date, it usually just sort of happens. Always a welcome day when I see the latest release for Mac announced.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 03/29/21 04:22 PM
Generally speaking Band-in-a-Box for Mac is released around springtime, but we have not been given a release date yet.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 03/31/21 05:30 PM
I was saying in beta maybe it's more apple OS changes causing the delay.
The 2019 was that when apple banned 32 bit apps and forced to 64 bit changes that caused that massive delay ? I think the BBPlugin would be all done as the Win version still uses the 2020 code for bbw4_64.app as it don't need Utility Tracks and the the actual VST code moves over easy, pity that could not be released early or at the same time as Win with the new RT/RD at least Mac users will have all the new tracks in the BBMacPlugin.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 03/31/21 06:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
I was saying in beta maybe it's more apple OS changes causing the delay.
The 2019 was that when apple banned 32 bit apps and forced to 64 bit changes that caused that massive delay ?

As far as I know, that is correct. The issues caused by Big Sur definitely caused some unforeseen extra work for the development team. I don't think it will cause such a massive delay as with the move from 32 to 64 though, as the Big Sur issues seemed to be ironed out fairly quickly, at least compared to some other audio software companies who are still struggling with Big Sur.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 03/31/21 09:02 PM
Yeah, I’m looking forward to this release cause I do most of my work on Mac now. I will be happy to see some of the new PC features in Mac.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 04/01/21 04:13 PM
Yup, as a Mac user myself I'm definitely looking forward to the 2021 release!
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 04/02/21 01:39 PM
I have an older 2013 Macbook Pro (quad i7 16GB ram ssd drive).
Currently running Catalina 10.15.7

In past years (up to 2019 guessing) I've run BIAB win on Parallels on this machine with acceptible performance.
Performance defined primarily as time required to re-gen real track parts.

I'm expecting similar (or better) performance with the truly Mac version of BIAB 2021 on this marchine.

Would this be a reasonable expectation?

Thanks.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 04/05/21 06:10 PM
I have a PC and a Mac on my desk here. Specs:

PC:
Lenovo ThinkCentre M-Series
Intel Core i7-3770
16gb Ram
240gb SSD (running BB from external USB drive)
Windows 10

Mac:
iMac Late 2015, 21.5"
Intel Core i5-5575R
8gb Ram
1tb hard drive (running BB from external USB)
Mac OS Big Sur, plus Catalina and Mojave on separate partitions

Using the BB plugin to generate the same song on both, the iMac generates in 9.6 seconds while the PC generates in 12.4 seconds. Despite the PC having a somewhat faster CPU it is slightly older, so this performance difference should be considered roughly normal.
Posted By: odod Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 04/22/21 06:24 AM
is there any grace period for update to 2021? i just purchased 2 weeks ago..
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 04/22/21 08:28 PM
Originally Posted By: odod

We have a grace period of 30 days from time of purchase.
Posted By: odod Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 04/22/21 11:38 PM
i hope its going to be released soon ..
Posted By: Lince_Perdido Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 05/24/21 09:25 AM
i hope its going to be released soon ..

No comments.

Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music

We have a grace period of 30 days from time of purchase.

Bad luck on grace period. I'd prefer not to throw the dice and get a free update voucheur instead or waiting.

...the Big Sur issues seemed to be ironed out fairly quickly, at least compared to some other audio software companies who are still struggling with Big Sur.

PG Music seems to be struggling with 2021 for Mac though.

Generally speaking Band-in-a-Box for Mac is released around springtime, but we have not been given a release date yet.

Around springtime I guess it means not past winter or current springtime, so something between summer and may be even autumn, just too close to BiaB 2022 release for Windows in November 2021?

I'm not buying now expecting ramdom coincidence in grace period as the other guy is already out of luck.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 05/25/21 04:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Lince_Perdido

Around springtime I guess it means not past winter or current springtime, so something between summer and may be even autumn, just too close to BiaB 2022 release for Windows in November 2021?

Spring here in Canada happens between 20th of March and the 19th of June. From our release history over the last 12 years that I have data for, BIAB for Mac has released during this time or earlier, with only one exception.
Posted By: Tormod Guldvog Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/02/21 09:56 AM
Woo hoo! It's here!!!
Posted By: Callie - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/02/21 10:48 AM
It sure is! Learn all about the new features: https://www.pgmusic.com/bbmac.new.htm
Posted By: Roger Brown Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/02/21 01:05 PM
First, I'm delighted that the '21 Mac version is finally here...but I lol'd at the timing, because I'm leaving town for a vacation next week and will have to wait a while longer to order it. Ah well, first world problems..
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/02/21 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Roger Brown
First, I'm delighted that the '21 Mac version is finally here...but I lol'd at the timing, because I'm leaving town for a vacation next week and will have to wait a while longer to order it. Ah well, first world problems..

Hope you have a fun and relaxing vacation, Roger! Please note that the special for the Mac 2021 version is on until June 31st, so you'll want to place your order at least before then to take advantage of our sale prices.
Posted By: odod Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/03/21 03:51 AM
anyone got discount code? i wanna rebuy again, because i have waited for so long .. and last time i gave up because it crashes too many times especially when using 3rd party plugin
Posted By: TRYUK Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/03/21 09:35 AM
Wonderful timing. I now have two weeks to my birthday to convince myself to buy as a gift to me from me. Oh I lied, two seconds was enough time to decide. Right wheres the debit card.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/03/21 07:00 PM
Originally Posted By: TRYUK
Wonderful timing. I now have two weeks to my birthday to convince myself to buy as a gift to me from me. Oh I lied, two seconds was enough time to decide. Right wheres the debit card.

Happy early birthday TRYUK!
Posted By: TRYUK Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/04/21 10:34 AM
Thanks Simon. As I officially retire in a few weeks I was extra generous with this years present, I just bought everything I don’t already have.

Now all I want is the M1 iMac, but the 24” version is not big enough. Maybe a 30” version may be announced in the future?
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: BIAB Mac 2021- Release Date - 06/04/21 06:59 PM
Originally Posted By: TRYUK
Thanks Simon. As I officially retire in a few weeks I was extra generous with this years present, I just bought everything I don’t already have.

Now all I want is the M1 iMac, but the 24” version is not big enough. Maybe a 30” version may be announced in the future?

Buy an M1 Mac Mini and a 30" screen (or bigger) - the hardware in the Mini is the same as in the iMac from the looks of it.
© PG Music Forums