PG Music Home
Posted By: Stoeff06 Where to purchase cuban / salsa styles? - 03/03/18 02:58 PM
Hi,

I've been using BiaB for a while and since last year I'm concentrating on cuban / salsa music. Where can I purchase/get more such styles? The ones that came with the program or can be purchased on the PG Music site are rather limited, I haven't seen more than 5 or so. And they are not on the same CD so I'd have to buy also several with other styles I don't need. Are there third party suppliers of styles or private programmers?

Thanks,

Chris
Hi Chris. I specialize in Brazilian jazz but I play a lot of Latin music, so I use BIAB for these, too. When choosing a style, try your search for one of several keywords: Cuban, Puerto, Guaracha, salsa etc. There are lots more than 5.

However - we need to know what package of BIAB you purchased.

Third party? Yes! Bob 'Notes' Norton offers third-party BIAB styles. Very good quality work by a performing pro who is a regular on this forum. They are MIDI only, but you can replace track(s) as desired. Go to nortonmusic.com for demos and purchase.

Also, there is a forum here called User Styles. Take a look there. I see you are newly registered here, so welcome.
Chris

Welcome also.

As mentioned, we need to know what pak you have.

RealTracks Set 257, 177 could assist?

You'll find them on this page.

As Matt pointed out (thanks Matt) I have some Salsa, Merengue, Mambo, Cumbia, Rhumba and Cha-Cha styles available.

I played cruise ships for 3 years, and the Cuban born secretary held her wedding reception in our lounge and decided we were official Latinos even though my heritage is Italian and Leilani's is Hungarian.

While on the ships we went to San Juan every week and I exchanged North American music tips for Latin American music tips with one of the musicians I met who was playing in a major hotel. That was back in the 1980s before I started making BiaB styles.

They are as authentic as I can get them within the limitations of the Band-in-a-Box program.

Insights and incites by Notes
Posted By: Stoeff06 Re: Where to purchase cuban / salsa styles? - 03/08/18 06:53 PM
I'm not really sure about the pack: I bought FRBUPS-A Band-in-a-Box Pro Upgrade FR in May 2016. My BiaB version is 2015 (107)
Chris, by 'pak' as mentioned by Videotrack, what we need to know is, did you buy the Pro version, the Ultrapak, the Megapak? I think you bought the Pro version, which has rather few RealTracks and styles. We just wanted to be sure.
© PG Music Forums