PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 10/01/14 01:54 AM
With a prominent accordion, 'sailors' style (if that makes sense). Very common in mid last century Nordic and French music, for instance. Preferably with an EV soloist to go with, as there still doesn't exist a single EV waltz soloist, regardless of instrument.
Posted By: soolan Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 10/01/14 01:27 PM
May I make a suggestion. When you first use an abb <ie> EV that you put it in brackets what it stands for. I have no idea what EV is.
TIA (thanks in advance)
Posted By: Icelander Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 10/01/14 02:09 PM
Ok, perhaps I've been presumptuous here about user's knowledge, a fair point, thanks for the observation.
EV (and SW) refer to the 'feel' of tracks and styles, even and swing respectively,
All Realtrack styles and instruments have EV or SW in their names, so I presumed users of the program would recognise the term.
Posted By: soolan Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 10/02/14 12:23 PM
Got it thank you. Even / Swing.
Posted By: furry Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 10/06/14 05:26 PM
I adore Norsk music so I'm for that too
Posted By: Masi Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 01/06/15 06:16 PM
How about real ballroom waltz like English Waltz (slow) or Viennese Waltz (fast)?
Posted By: Icelander Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 01/07/15 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Masi
How about real ballroom waltz like English Waltz (slow) or Viennese Waltz (fast)?
Absolutely! Anything 'ballroom' gets my vote any day smile
Posted By: Icelander Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 01/10/15 10:43 AM
And it would be wonderful to see (well, hear!) those newly added string and accordion artists be put to this task, I'm sure smile
Posted By: furry Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 01/14/15 01:56 PM
I'm free grin grin grin
Posted By: rodipoet Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 05/08/15 10:29 AM
Hope Peter cs will see this thread and will honour at last our wishes: waltzes with nice solo players like Graham (accordion) or Andre Rieu ( violin)
Posted By: Icelander Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 05/15/15 12:17 AM
Originally Posted By: rodipoet
Hope Peter cs will see this thread and will honour at last our wishes: waltzes with nice solo players like Graham (accordion) or Andre Rieu ( violin)
Fingers crossed! cool
Posted By: Icelander Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 12/02/15 01:35 PM
Well, guys, if I'm reading things correctly it appears that we may have been heard on this request for the 2016 sets, or at least to some extent cool
The description for the upcoming "Old Folk" seems to include very promising sets&instruments which add to the genre of Even Waltz, albeit probably not quite the french riviera "Accordion-Violin" some had hoped for, but rather more in the ways of "oomph-pah-pah " of the Alps. But it's a start, so let's not fret smile
Still, it's tricky to tell from description alone, so here's hoping they've got demos of those styles coming up sooner than later! laugh
Posted By: Caloo Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 12/05/15 10:07 PM
I agree totally with you guys, Accordion european style (for not say french style) is really missing in the reaktracks !

Je vous rejoins totalement là dessus les gars, les realtracks manquent cruellement d'accordéon à l'européenne pour ne pas dire à la française ;-)

Pascal
Posted By: Icelander Re: A 'european' EV Waltz RT style? - 12/05/15 11:17 PM
For those interested: The new "Oberkrainer" set has working demos now. Have a listen here in case that's something close to what we're hoping for.
© PG Music Forums