PG Music Home
I have set up a new tune in 3/4 time but a redline appeared under each of the bar numbers and the song was only playing 1 beat per bar

With dumb luck I did a few things and it is now playing 3 beats per bar but the redline is still there

So I have 2 questions...
1) What does the redline mean and how do I control it (clicking on it does not present an option to clear it)?
2) Why and how did it switch to one beat per bar while my time signature was 3/4?

Any help would be appreciated
Welcome to the forums!

Firstly, the red line means that there are some bar settings present. These settings are accessed by right-clicking on the bar involved and selecting "Bar Settings" from the menu that pops up. The shortcut key is F5.

To access a summary of the different bar settings that are present within a chord sheet...

1. go into "Bar Settings" (F5)

2. select "Print summary" (as shown on the top image below)

From the sounds of things, and I'm only guessing this from what you've written above so I might be wrong, it seems that you have tried to set the time signature of your song using bar settings. While this is possible, bar settings is for use within the song and not for setting the overall time signature.

If the song you are working on is in 3/4, go into Stylepicker and select a Waltz Style... this sets up BIAB to play in 3/4. (See the bottom image below that shows how to isolate waltz styles.)

There are also some good videos that will help explain setting up a song at the following link...

https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture summary of bar settings.jpg
Attached picture waltz style - selecting.JPG
Thank you, amazingly complete and clear response...and quick too...
Also, Noel didn't mention it but there is an easy way to remove the bar settings.

Look at the second screenshot Noel posted and just to the left of the button to print all the bar settings is a button to "reset all bars".
© PG Music Forums