PG Music Home
Posted By: guitarsouth Uhg, so complicated it seems - 05/08/22 07:24 PM
I haven't used biab in a goid while. I got it installed again and I do not want to use real tracks. I simply want to use biab for getting keyboards, piano and organ tracks into my cakewalk daw. I simply want some biab midi tracks saved to midi files to then bring in to Cakewalk and use my own synths like Sampetank to play them.

Seems lije this would be astinishingly simple, but....

I fi d a style I like and biab wants to use real tracks. I set biab to use my cakewalk tts1 synth cause all I want is tge midi file.

I cant figure out how to tell biab that I do not want to use real tracks, I just want all the sounds to use tts1 so I can hear them and save the midi file keys tracks.

Can someone tell me how to do thus?. I already saw in options a choice to not use real tracks. I have tts1 set as midi output, but tge intruments won't play because it says biab cant find the realtracks. Cant those styles just use standard midi synth? If so, how? Basically I want to use biab tge same way I use Toontrack easy keys. Biab has many more styles and easier chord input. Thanks for any help
Posted By: MarioD Re: Uhg, so complicated it seems - 05/08/22 09:49 PM
To get only MIDI:
1-click on the style icon
2-click where the picture shows
3-select only MIDI

Be sure to deactivate Realtracks and Realdrums.

Attached picture Corel PHOTO-PAINT 7 - New-2.cpt 2022-05-08 20.47.14.jpg
Posted By: guitarsouth Re: Uhg, so complicated it seems - 05/08/22 11:23 PM
Wow, I can see I will love this forum, thank you very much for the help.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Uhg, so complicated it seems - 05/09/22 12:21 AM
Hi.

Welcome to the forums!

Just in case you haven't discovered them, there are also some really good piano and organ MIDI SuperTracks. These are much more professional sounding than BIAB's standard MIDI tracks.

Lastly... Many Realtracks have associated MIDI files and these can also be transferred to a DAW for use with softsynths.

PG Music have a website that has many instructional video clips.

https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

All the best with you journey!
Noel
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Uhg, so complicated it seems - 05/09/22 10:33 AM
Don't dismiss RealTracks too quickly as they're musically very effective. You'll need to copy the audio to the DAW, though, not copy the MIDI, which for RealTracks is only indicative ... it's not the real recording.

Super MIDI Tracks (SMTs) are the actual recorded MIDI.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Uhg, so complicated it seems - 05/09/22 10:43 AM
What Mario said.

However, I'm the exact opposite. I don't want anything midi. Well, almost. I do use it when I need to do something unique and it's the shortest reasonable distance between the two points. However, I mostly avoid midi preferring instead to use Real Tracks because they sound like real instruments being played by real people.

However, depending on the style of music you are working with, midi and synths might be the better option. IN that case.... Mario gave you the right answer.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Uhg, so complicated it seems - 05/12/22 10:00 PM
If you want to disable RealTracks and RealDrums so that you only use MIDI instruments in your songs you can. You would do this in your RealTracks Preferences and RealDrums Preferences windows by unchecking the "Enable RealTracks" and "Enable RealDrums" options.
© PG Music Forums