PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Confused - 07/24/22 03:51 AM
Hi, there has been a few recent posts about missing real tracks.
Having purchased Ultra Pack 2022 thought I would have all that is available but hopefully this screen shot will open for you and show I am missing quite a few.
Any thoughts
Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ya5w4jxel1fqih/Screenshot%202022-07-24%2016.33.35%282%29.png?dl=0
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Confused - 07/24/22 05:01 AM
Have you updated to the latest build of 2022?

The most recent version download can be found on this page.

Then do a Rebuild of the StylePicker.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Confused - 07/24/22 07:32 AM
Dead link.
Pretty sure that no matter what spec BB you have inc Ultra etc it will NOT include any Extra styles packs or XPro packs (you buy them separately as Extras) and any Bonus packs issued annually with earlier versions.
HYH
Ian
Posted By: wish Re: Confused - 07/24/22 08:20 AM
Sorry sixchannell, are you sure or just pretty sure that your assumption is correct.
I thought there I purchased all the real tracks available.
If you know for sure, let’s know.
Cheers
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Confused - 07/24/22 08:24 AM
Here's a working copy of the link

As has been correctly mentioned, many of the Xtra Styles and Xtra paks are just as they state: 'extras', and not necessarily included in the main product purchase (Pro, Mega, Ultra, Audiophile etc).
Posted By: wish Re: Confused - 07/24/22 08:26 AM
Thanks Audio Track …will try that update, but have had this 2022 version since it was released.
Cheers
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Confused - 07/24/22 08:32 AM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Here's a working copy of the link

As has been correctly mentioned, many of the Xtra Styles and Xtra paks are just as they state: 'extras', and not necessarily included in the main product purchase (Pro, Mega, Ultra, Audiophile etc).

... though I believe they are in the OmniPAK.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Confused - 07/24/22 08:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
... though I believe they are in the OmniPAK.

I'm pretty sure you are correct Gordon. But with so much ongoing user confusion with the paks and contents and extras and what's in and what's out, I didn't feel safe to go that far wink
Thanks for your bravery! grin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Confused - 07/24/22 09:07 AM
I’m not sure. Aren’t there some purchases, as mentioned, that appear as a one-time bonus? Are they available if you didn’t buy them at the time? Has that question ever been answered?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Confused - 07/24/22 10:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I’m not sure. Aren’t there some purchases, as mentioned, that appear as a one-time bonus? Are they available if you didn’t buy them at the time? Has that question ever been answered?

That's another good question of which I do not know the answer. Previously, some items have certainly been promoted as having limited availability (I think).
Posted By: MarioD Re: Confused - 07/24/22 10:59 AM

That's another good question of which I do not know the answer. Previously, some items have certainly been promoted as having limited availability (I think).

I wish a representative of PGMusic would answer these questions once and for all. This topic has come up a number of times and I think PGMusic owes it to its customers to answer these question and to put that answer on the package page.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Confused - 07/24/22 11:19 AM
It's generally a good idea to update from the factory fresh version to get the first couple of updates. This is especially true if you are experiencing any kind of issue that seems abnormal.

There's no need to update if your version is doing everything you want and expect from it. But if you have weird things going on or a missing something or other, do the updates.

This has fixed more than on issue with my copy.
Posted By: rharv Re: Confused - 07/24/22 12:57 PM
FWIW I think PGMusic has indeed spoken on this issue.
Various extras offered in a given year may or may not be included in the next year's product.

So knowing that, it's a definite maybe. smile

/I didn't like the answer either
// but I do think the list should be accessible/available
/// I also think the 'missing' list should account for the version you have, as in 'you have all the stuff that came with your version, but here's some other stuff you might be interested in' type of approach .. plus I made it to three slashies!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Confused - 07/24/22 02:27 PM
Well, thanks for clearing this up, Bob!

You and I have been here among the longest, and we aren’t sure how to advise people definitively. I think that says we do need a better description of what’s what.

Over the decades, I bought most but not all that was offered. I have no way of knowing what I did not buy may or may not be included in later versions. Is it good business to charge for some extra, only to roll it into the regular package in future versions? I don’t think so, and it’s my impression with no data to back this up, that they did not do this often.

I like the suggestions that What Add-Ins Do I Have could be refined. It could show what should be installed based on what you bought (a tough one unless you bought from PG Music and connect to their records of your account).

Ideally this would also show what products you don’t have along with a way to purchase them.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Confused - 07/24/22 03:15 PM
Just thinking out loud but XtraStyle PAKs and XproStyle PAKs are about style collections, not RealTracks.

Also per the +++ OmniPAK webpage +++ there is nothing said about additional RealTracks.
Quote:
The PG Music OmniPAK Audiophile Edition is full of amazing music production and creativity programs, hundreds of songs for fun and learning, reams of music to view and print, PLUS volumes of documentation, biographies, and trivia.

Everyone, except rharv, talks about how confusing PG Music marketing is but when someone asks a question about RealTracks the response is about styles and accessories. crazy
Posted By: rharv Re: Confused - 07/24/22 03:49 PM
FWIW
Quote:
.. Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2021 49-PAK, and you'll receive 40 Bonus Unreleased RealTracks, MultiStyles PAK 1, ..

(bold is my emphasis)
There are indeed occasions where you may get RTs that may or may not be released later
Jim, I didn't change over to styles vs RTs at all in my response

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2021.htm

Quote:
Is it good business to charge for some extra, only to roll it into the regular package in future versions? I don’t think so, and it’s my impression with no data to back this up, that they did not do this often.

Matt, yes we have been here forever and it is unclear at times, but I am sure PGMusic has stated that sometimes the 49Pak stuff gets released later, but the benefit is you get it it 'now' so I do not see how this is a bad business practice. That's why most people do not have ALL the RTs .. you would have had to get 'everything' since day one. My guess is neither you nor I have 'everything', even though I got the EverythingPak back when it was a thing ..
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Confused - 07/24/22 07:39 PM
Exactly. That is my guess also. That's why I don't answer those questions about "how many styles should I have" or "how many RealTracks should I have".
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: Confused - 07/25/22 10:02 AM
The answers are sprinkled in through this thread. To summarize, the UltraPAK and higher includes all of the RealTracks sets, and RealTracks are a different type of add-on from Styles. The Xtra Styles PAKs and XPro styles PAKs are not included in the main Band-in-a-Box PAKs. The Omni is the exception because this PAK includes the Xtras as well as other software that is not related to Band-in-a-Box. Occasionally there have been special offers in the past, for those who qualify, where they can get the UltraPAK and the Xtra Styles for a reduced price. To know if you have the Xtras, you can check the My Products page of your account, or contact us directly and we can double check your records.
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Confused - 07/25/22 11:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
The answers are sprinkled in through this thread.

Hopefully this is not the dumbest of questions. But are these add-ons forward compatible?

For example, if I were to purchase an UltraPak or an XtraStyles say in 2022 would they be compatible and usable with BiaB 2024?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Confused - 07/25/22 11:35 AM
The answers are sprinkled in through this thread. To summarize, the UltraPAK and higher includes all of the RealTracks sets, and RealTracks are a different type of add-on from Styles. The Xtra Styles PAKs and XPro styles PAKs are not included in the main Band-in-a-Box PAKs. The Omni is the exception because this PAK includes the Xtras as well as other software that is not related to Band-in-a-Box. Occasionally there have been special offers in the past, for those who qualify, where they can get the UltraPAK and the Xtra Styles for a reduced price. To know if you have the Xtras, you can check the My Products page of your account, or contact us directly and we can double check your records.

Thanx so much for clearing this up Chantelle. This information should be pined at the top of the BiaB forum and on the packages page.

Edit - typo
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Confused - 07/25/22 12:10 PM
To add on to what Chantelle said, it's also worth noting that the OmniPAK doesn't exist for Mac, as a lot of the older programs that come with it don't exist for Mac.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Confused - 07/25/22 12:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper

Hopefully this is not the dumbest of questions. But are these add-ons forward compatible?

For example, if I were to purchase an UltraPak or an XtraStyles say in 2022 would they be compatible and usable with BiaB 2024?

Yes.

Anything you buy now should be usable in future versions. That’s how we got to the point we are now, where there are thousands of styles dating back to the 1990s and RealTracks from 2008. Even if someday the base program were rewritten, there would have to be some utility to convert everything to a new format.

Are you sure that was the question you meant to ask?
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Confused - 07/25/22 01:04 PM

Are you sure that was the question you meant to ask?

Yep, you answered my question spot-on Matt. And the answer is what I was hoping for smile
Thanks.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Confused - 07/25/22 01:25 PM
I get one right every few years.
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Confused - 07/25/22 03:04 PM

PG Music have been extremely good at maintaining compatibility, so it's unlikely that they would not be.

It's quite common for people with different versions to send songs between each other and they'll (usually?) work, even if sometimes they have to substitute a style.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Confused - 07/25/22 03:24 PM
That's a good point. Even if BIAB does not have the style that is called for, it substitutes a style. I know I see ZZJAZZ sometimes. Somewhere I think there is a user setting for this.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: Confused - 07/25/22 03:33 PM

Yes they are currently forwards compatible. It's just that the new Xtra Styles are not backwards compatible with older versions of Band-in-a-Box since they require RealTracks that are in the newer versions of the UltraPAK (or higher).
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Confused - 07/25/22 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Thanx so much for clearing this up Chantelle. This information should be pinned at the top of the BiaB forum and on the packages page.

+1, and definitely included within the Packages section on the website.

Posted By: MarioD Re: Confused - 07/25/22 09:28 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Thanx no much for clearing this up Chantelle. This information should be pined at the top of the BiaB forum and on the packages page.

+1, and definitely included within the Packages section on the website.

A typo - that Thanx no should be Thanx so.

My bad
Posted By: wish Re: Confused - 07/28/22 02:41 AM
Thanks for all of that discussion. Have been North Queensland with limited internet but have been able to update to the lastest build.
I still have the following Real Track Sets missing.

329,330,331,332,333,334,336,337,338,339,340,342,343,346,348,350,351,352,353,354,355,356,357,358,359,360,361,362,

There seems to be numbers which I have in between some of this list and the rest of included sets got to 400.

I am still thinking I should have these with the Ultra Pak.
Maybe a reinstall when I get home??
Many thanks
Posted By: Jerry - PG Music Re: Confused - 08/05/22 10:01 PM
Hey wish! We have an older, but still great download and install manager that can be used from within the Band-in-a-Box program. Open your Band-in-a-Box program and click | Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now... |. Once this is open, click Select Recommended then click the Download/Install Selected Files button. Once this completes, open the StylePicker in Band-in-a-Box and click the Rebuild button.

Once you have done this, you should be all set! Let us know if you have any further issues.
© PG Music Forums