My gripe with off the shelf computers is simple. they load that darn thing up with crap, and now i have to fuss to get it off there, and sometimes it just fights back. I build a simple audio computer about 8 years ago and the darn think is still running. It is a bit tired these days but will still with a single core Mammaboard resord 15 to 20 tracks with out breaking down. I am currently looking for a decent two three year old refurbished machine like a dual core with 2 gig ram. to replace it. Just that small bit of upgrade outta smoke my current setup. Geeks.com has them for under $200 POP my 320 gig second drive in with BiaB and all my toys on it and record like a mad man. I really want a rack mount case to pop in my rack system and roll it around where ever i want.

Laptops are nice as well, but require me to change sound cards, and that is another expense.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.