Quote:

Hi Silvertones, I didn't mean that as an insinuation by naming the topic Pricings getting further out of reach?. I just mean that $299 for an upgrade for Audiophile is pretty expensive but that's probably the best that PG can do. I just got Cubase 6 for $169 Cdn. but I don't have to worry about another upgrade probably for a year or two. For $299 US I've got to decide whether it's worth it for me that's all because the way I use it is fairly minimal as I explained earlier in the thread. And I've never been happy with the MIDI side of things, it just doesn't generate much that is useful for me. Another interesting program that is also pretty expensive is Rapid Composer. This program is supposed to generate phrases, but it looks like a huge learning curve and they seem to be developing it as they go.

299$ is indeed pretty expensive considering that the audiophile user has to shell out considerably more at the outset for that version. Considering the price of hard drives nowadays and how easy it is to image a drive with the audiophile files I would have thought that $199 would be a more realistic price.

musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile