Quote:

299$ is indeed pretty expensive considering that the audiophile user has to shell out considerably more at the outset for that version.

For a new buyer, the closest equivalent to the audiophile version is the Everything Pack and the Audiophile is only $100 more expensive than that, ($669 compared to $569). Maybe that is considerably more, I don't know. I do know for certain that I paid $199 for my audiophile upgrade during the sale, and considered it worth the money.

Quote:

Considering the price of hard drives nowadays and how easy it is to image a drive with the audiophile files I would have thought that $199 would be a more realistic price.

I don't claim to have your knowledge about how cheaply a company could go about buying hard drives from an outside vendor, buying and maintaining imaging equipment, hiring talent the likes of Brent Mason to record music, do the recording, engineering, software development, marketing, sales, shipping, video production, software support, website maintainence, and still sell a hard drive full of great stuff for 199 bucks but if you know how to do it, I'll put up the money and we can go into business together.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti