Quote:

Here's another way to look at the 255 bar limit. The song "I Concentrate On You" has 64 bars. You can repeat it 40 times. That's 2,560 bars. By the way, that song is considered one of the "long" songs. One chorus of a song that uses up to 255 bars is a long song indeed, but you can repeat it up to 40 times. Later, Ray

I'm not so skilled in english to understand "sarcasm" or "irony", but if that's what you tried, I still think that the composition and inspiration processes shouldn't be limitted by anything, and less by the lenght of a song.

It's just a matter of the program workflow. If you have to be always taking into account "how many bars can I afford to finish the song", then you are working with fear, unless, you can do "stunts" to deal with the repetition and codas system.

The other side, is to have a 255 unfinished song repeated 40 times, which does not work at all for anyone.

I think, the first step to improve anything is to recognize your own problems, and this limitation is a real problem indeed. Maybe it can work in many situation.... or maybe not, but that's not a matter a musician should deal with, most of all when the fix is apparently so easy to develop.

If I misunderstood you I beg you pardon I do my best with my english.