Quote:

You said that there is Music Creator.I Really don't understand how that hooks up with the midi in BIAB .Does each midi have to be worked on or does it just take over all the midi sounds that are all ready in biab ?

Greg, I'm not getting on you at all because this stuff is confusing to a lot of people and you're trying but you're not getting it. Again you use the phrase "the midi sounds that are all ready in biab". THERE ARE NO MIDI SOUNDS ALL READY IN BIAB. Burn that into your brain. BIAB HAS NO SOUNDS. Get it?

Think of Biab like your PC keyboard you just used to type this post. What happens if you unplug your keyboard from the computer and then tried to type something? Absolutely nothing would happen. That's Biab. Biab has to be "plugged" into a synth or nothing happens. Both Biab and your PC keyboard are controllers that control what happens inside a computer. Think about that concept for a moment.

There are two types of synth, hardware and software. Both use your computer as a "switchboard". If it's a software synth then you "plug" Biab into it via software controls inside the program. If it's hardware then you still use the software controls but add a physical connection using a midi cable from your external synth to the computer. Once that hook up is made then Biab still controls it from within the program.

Now, move on to Music Creator. The TTS-1 is a decent GM software synth. Not great, nowhere near as good as the Ketron or my Kurzweil but decent. You can't buy the TTS-1 separately because Cakewalk only bundles it with their recording software like Sonar, Home Studio or MC. MC is the only one of those that's inexpensive enough to buy it just for the TTS-1. If someone wants to use it for recording also fine but we already have Real Band for that but still MC can do that too.

This is enough basic education for now, keep reading and asking questions.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.