Quote:

<...>I clicked on the "How I make my backing tracks and how I use them on stage" link in your thread.

This is not my gig; it won't be my gig. But I not only bookmarked that, I saved it, in case you take it down. Anybody that asks me about that gig gets your link, along with "This guy's really successful. Here's his method. It would be a great starting point for you."

I was astonished at your generosity in posting that on the internet. Among other things, I realized that any / all of your competitors could read and apply that knowledge.<...>

I come from a generation of sharing. Back when musicians met face to face and shared our secrets, it benefited everybody. I remember when I was 18 an older sax player teaching me how to get that buzz tone on the sax. In the 80s I remember asking another musician "What is a sequencer?". I could go on and on. The Internet hasn't changed that. It just expanded it. You can go to YouTube and get free guitar/sax/violin/theory/etc. lessons.

The best way to pay back the people who have been generous and shared information with me is to pass it on to others.

If it helps others the way others have helped me, it's a good thing.

And my competitors are free to use the info. Hopefully our vocal skills and my multi-instrumentalist skills on stage will still keep us one notch above the rest.

Carkins, the info Pat Marr related to you should be helpful. A little practice at that method and you should be able to make realistic guitar bends.

A few points about my observations about my own guitar playing. (1) I bend up more often than I bend down. (2) When I bend down, I usually do so on the first note of a phrase (3) when using vibrato with my fretting hand, the pitch goes from zero to higher pitch and never lower than zero (4) when using the whammy bar for vibrato it goes from zero to lower pitch and never higher than zero (although my guitar does have the option for a floating whammy bar, I have it locked in the traditional down only position).

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks