Quote:

Well, guys, it's not working.What I hear from CDs, mpegs, and streaming audio sounds like ring-modulated sawtooth waves. It is absolutely unrecognizable as the original audio.

I've un/re-installed the driver, gone through the Roland Troubleshooting guide, replaced the USB cable, and checked all connections and settings, with no change. I've got a message in to APA. Next stop is Roland.

"...sounds like ring-modulated sawtooth waves..."

That problem is often the result of the sound card's settings being set to a fixed bit depth and bit rate that is other than the 16/44.1 (with on-the-fly conversion for all those 48khz windows soundfiles) that is needed to play normal streaming audio.

Check in the Control Panel or whatever they call the software spplet that has all the sound device's settings in it, looking for something that unlocks it from a forced setting and allows programs to select the bitrate.

Refreshing to view such a good description of the audio heard, most times the descriptions given don't mean all that much to the realworld audio engineer.

--Mac