You need some basic midi education just like I suggested to LadyJazzer in the Biab thread. Midi is great assuming and this is big, you have a good midi sound source. I've posted at least twenty times over the last couple of years that for drum tracks in RB I will use both midi and RD's each on it's own track. I may have 5 or 6 going but not active all at once, lol. Use the mute or solo buttons and check each one out as your tune is playing. Many times on certain tunes I'll have a midi drum track that I copied from a midi file that I downloaded along with a RD track but usually not a full kit track. I tend to use the RD percussion tracks with a full midi drum kit track. Midi is how you insert song specific drum fills and punches into an otherwise great sounding RD track. The Yamaha Studio kit in my Jamstix drum module sounds almost exactly like a lot of the RD's. They blend perfectly.

For now just create a Biab midi drum track, it generates almost instantly, set up your Ensoniq to play it and then try mixing and blending some RD's using the mute buttons. You'll soon see what I'm talking about.

I know you're setting up your new digital mixer so once you can tell you have several good drum tracks to work with, drag the thing to Sonar and use your automation to mix them. With the tools you have don't worry about having too many different drum tracks. You could have tracks 20-30 nothing but drums, who cares? You have virtually unlimited tracks to play with and then if there's something missing you just have to have, create it in RB and drag it over. No need to mess around cutting and pasting or using gain changes, none of that. Your automation in Sonar will do that effortlessly.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.