Hi Fred,

Welcome to the forums.

Can you please let us know what you would like to accomplish with BIAB and/or Audacity? Some examples that spring to mind are: using it in a live situation for public performance; recording; making music to publish on the web, etc. Once we can see what you are trying to do, it becomes a little easier to work towards solving the problem.

Reading between the lines in your post, I get the impression that you'd like to be able to record your guitar playing while BIAB is playing an accompaniment. If this is the case, I find that it is better to do this as a two step process. One: get BIAB to generate an accompaniment and then render that accompaniment as a WAV file. Two: load the WAV file (accomp.) into a track in Audacity and then record guitar on another track. Once this is done, the tracks can be merged into a single file.

If you go to the below link ...

... link to collection of videos

... scroll down to the second post by Peter Gannon (the PG in PG Music) and there is a collection of three Youtube clips put together by Shockwave199. These are a great place to get going with the product. Dan (aka Shockwave199) uses Reaper rather than Audacity but the principle is the same. For what it's worth, it is possible to download Reaper and run it indefinitely for free.

Hope this information helps,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024