Thanks for your answers! Mac’s final answer is the one I suspected, but still don’t want to hear.

I was trying to use the track in an instrumental version of “More Today than Yesterday” (Spiral Staircase), and also planned to use it in “Smoke From a Distant Fire” (Sanford Townsend Band). A good B-3 track would make these tunes killers!

Luvs3rds: Thanks for listening to the BIAB samples. For what it’s worth, I had More Today than Yesterday set with all “B” part markers (to keep the drummer cookin’), which had the adverse effect of pushing the B-3 into its “grittiest” mode – which I guess would be called True Grit (nyuk, nyuk).

Kemmrich: I listened to your tune. The B-3 is pretty well buried in the mix (which is fine); so I couldn’t hear any obvious distortion. Since yours is a classic blues tune, the B-3 RealTrack is a perfect fit.

To DrDUBose: I was using the B-3 at 140 BPM, the upper end of its tempo range. When I suspected the distortion was possibly due to time-stretching, I used WMP to get a “second opinion”. But thanks for the thought.

To Mac: I didn’t even know it was possible to get a distorted sound from a Big B (at least one that’s working right). Shows you what I know. You da man.

Since there is only one B-3 RealTrack available at this time, sounds like a “clean” B-3 track is a prime candidate for the Wish List.

Meanwhile, since my immediate objective is recording, I’ll try setting all the part markers to “A” and rendering just the B-3 track. Maybe that’ll tame the beast a little.

Thanks again,

Jon