Quote:

note:
the new vocal processors that are triggered by audio and not by MIDI provide a different challenge, which I will address in the next post

here's how I obtain a dedicated audio chord stream to trigger devices like the new vocal processors, or in my case, the Digitech HarmonyMan pedal.

1) I set any MIDI tracks to use soft synths
2) I set BIAB to send chords to the MIDI port on a channel that goes to my hardware MIDI module
3) I run one of the audio outputs from my MIDI module to the pedal that needs audio chords

works perfectly, and it gives me something to use the old MIDI module for now that soft synths are superior (to mine, anyway)

The main reason for using the hardware module is because it provides me with an audio out jack. If you have a sound card that lets you direct output to multiple audio outputs, you can do it that way even better.

But, you will get best results if you isolate a channel with only chords, first note being the root note. If you send the whole song to the device, it will get confused. Don't ask how I know this.