yeah mac i get that. I have been down that rabbit hole before. I want something that i can settle into and use for the next 10 years, like the delta card has been for the last 10. SO i am leaning toward USB. Firewire seems to be slowly fading away, and the new things like thunderbolt not there yet, as far as support and such. I assume that USB will continue to grow with USB 3 getting more popular. I was happy with the Tascam US-800, but the drivers are horrible, and i can't rely on it. Like i said i do not need 32 tracks. 4 to 8 will do. So i guess in the name of being prepared for what i might need 8 is a good choice. The Tascam US-1800 i have been told is far better and very nicely priced, but to be honest i do not have any confidence in them. I am leaning toward an audiobox 1818 from Presonus. Everyone says focusrite, and i like them, but the USB versions are not rack mount, and I want it bolted down not just laying there.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.