Thanks for the feedback on my query. I have "played" with the amp some more and would like to advise that to a degree all answers were applicable although at times a bit pointed. Bob I agree that either of the amps you mentioned would provide a truly great sound. I own a Fender (1970) Twin Reverb, Pro Reverb, Frontman 15R, Peavey Bandit 112,and a Peavey Mark 111. I played the flattop through all of them and the sound was great with the exception of the Frontman. It is too small. The problem for me is that they (mine) are all too heavy.Also the Blues Junior and the Classic 30 weigh in around 40# again too heavy. (As a side note the Twin is going to the granddaughters when I visit them in March.) At 22 pounds the weight to 40W rms power was a contributing factor in looking at the Roland. Mac the setting you gave me was pretty darn close in reducing the "honk" and although not that noticeable it was enough that I didn't feel comfortable with the sound, and every musicians knows the drill on that issue. I have also played the flattop through: Genz-Benz, Acoustisonic, Fishman, etc. and there is no doubt they are designed for acoustic guitars. I was trying for a light weight, reasonably powered, versitile amp and I figured there would be some compromises. Jim I tried the Zoom A2.1u and that device smoothed out the sound for me and the flattop and amp sound very good together. It means that I will have to bring the pedal if I want to play my flattop and get the sound I want. I was hoping to avoid that since the amp has enough effects and more than enough amp models for my needs. I was hoping to spoil myself with one stop amp shopping that would allow me to just take the amp and guitar of choice to a gig. Once again thanks for all the suggestions. DennisD

There are only 3 kinds of musicians: those that can count, and those that can't!
PC AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4 GHz, 8gb RAM, 1T HDD, Windows 10,
Reaper 4.77, BIAB2018, PTPA12, RB2018, Roland VS-880 DAW