Originally Posted By: CountryTrash
...started a new RB file, open my BIAB file, mixed generated/imported tracks to what I wanted and merge to a wave.

When you open a Biab file in RB that has Real Tracks/Drums those constantly get regenerated and can really slow things down. There is no need for regeneration, either generate the tracks in Biab and then D&D them to RB or in RB click "Make BB tracks regular tracks". Then there's no need to open your song as a Biab file again.

I can't tell if this is part of the problem or not but I thought I would mention it since this quote caught my eye.

Also, you mentioned 3 tracks you wanted to apply a limiter and reverb to. For that I would create a sub mix of those 3 tracks and only apply the plugin once to all 3.

Otherwise, a core duo is an old machine and that is definitely part of the problem too. Google "geekbench" and run the test. If it's under 2,000 it will work but it's pretty weak. My machine in my sig for example tests at 5,700 and lots of folks here have machines that test in the 7-8,000 range.

Stay away from ASIO on an older PC.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.