Originally Posted By: jazzmammal
First, there's no indication whatsoever that there will be a 2014 version. We were all expecting a mid year 2013.5 version but it didn't happen even though there've been mid year releases for the last 5 or 6 years.

The history has been a new release every Xmas for basically every year since day one so you would think it's a good bet there will be one shortly but still, no announcement of any kind.

If there is one it should be announced around the last week of November. They like to have it available about 30 days before Xmas.

Normally what happens is if a new customer buys the old version within 30 days of a new version being announced then the upgrade is free. That's just the upgrade for the program itself, not for any brand new Real Tracks/Drums. That should mean you can buy the 2013 version now and be protected if they announce 2014 in a couple of weeks.

If you're serious then call Sales and they'll tell you how that should work and if somebody tells you there's a new version coming, please come back here and tell the rest of us...

Bob

Thanks Bob,

I did as you suggested and called Sales. Here's the skinny:

Yes historically they come out with a new "yearly" version around December. No announcement date yet. She suggested I (as Jazzmandan stated) "wait". I could order the 2013 version and when the 2014 version came out I could upgrade, but I would have to ship the 2013 BIAB on a hard drive back to them, and the shipping costs, upgrade cost, my time etc. would not be worth it.

I guess the bottom line is: There will be a 2014 release, otherwise she would have told me to get the 2013 product so they wouldn't lose a sale...

Thanks for the help.

Wally G

Yamaha Montage 6 Roland J80, D50, Integra 7, BK-7m, FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4

My WEB Site: www.gontowski.com/music