Don,

Quote:
You've already stated that you are gambling with your eternal destiny, so I'll have no more to add. I just trust that you don't offend that "Boogieman in the sky," as you called Him.

The reason I mentioned risking my own soul was because I don’t have the audacity to proclaim that I KNOW the truth. I don’t. Neither do you. We only know what we believe.

Maybe there is a god, or maybe there isn’t.

You can’t manufacture faith. If I were to hedge my bets and proclaim a faith that I don’t have, wouldn’t a supreme being realize that I was doing so just to play it safe?

If you haven’t noticed, my main point throughout the discussion has been to make room for faith and science. Not the actual existence of god.

Quote:
Also I'm glad that you recognize those sacred texts.

I think the Bible has TONS of worthwhile portions that are excellent advice for living a good, prosperous and happy life. My Bible is sitting within arm’s reach as I type. It would be a good idea for everyone to read it. I have read it cover to cover dozens of times. I can still quote portions of it even with CRS setting in.

Proverbs has always been my favorite book. Romans is my second favorite. I just don’t think that EVERYTHING that mankind needs to know can be found within its pages.

If there is a god, I’d bet that he would want us to use our brains to discover the world around us.