Originally Posted By: Wallyg
...MuseScore or any other similar notation program does not deliver an app for iPad...

FWIW, Notion notation software is available for desktop and the iPad. Check it out here: http://www.notionmusic.com/products/notionipad.html.

Originally Posted By: Robvh
.....Thanks, I had no idea of the existence of this program........

I did try this great notation program, and discovered that with the good settings in BIAB I could export midi files which can be imported (via iTunes or via Dropbox) into Notion music with the correct results (single lines of measurements with the correct notes). The only thing you need to make sure is that the extension ".MID" which is default in capitol need to be changed into ".mid" only if imported via iTunes, otherwise Notion can't read the file.
Then you can add manually all chords (very easy and relatively fast) and with the right settings from Notion music you can export exactly the correct PDF file and use anywhere.
The big advantage is that you can "Transpose" the file (notes and chords) on the spot, then print or email as new PDF file to yourself and/or others. PDF's can be opened in many apps directly from email.

Note: In BIAB, if simple melody lines are to be imported mute all instrument except the melody and use e.g. Flute (74) which is a C key instrument which prevents automatic transpose during import. Use a higher sample rate in the midi options (480) and set a correct range before exporting the midi file.

Although it's a workaround because you need to add the chords again, it is a lot faster then adding notes into a notation program. Super!

Last edited by robvh; 11/19/13 07:33 AM. Reason: More info see note

Musicians and music publishers are still wasting too much paper...come on men we live in the digitised age...Wake up!