Richard, you've posted some great tips! I did the same think you suggest above and told Norton File Insight to "trust" my installation files. No problems after that.

I guess it is getting lonely being a Norton user. It was just a few short years ago that Norton dominated the market. Wikipedia still says that Norton has 61% of the US market share as of 2007. Fast forward to 2013 and that is dropping fast (North America share looks like it is still 16% based on quick google search). Many windows computers are still shipped with it as OEM software, but looks like that is not enough.

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: RWilliams
...It is laughable to suggest that PG Music, or any other software manufacturer, is in any way at fault because they haven't first sought permission from Symantec to release a new product. Imagine the delays if every software developer in the world had to first clear every new release or upgrade through Symantec first.

Hi Richard, thanks for the post, you are exactly correct: "It is laughable to suggest that PG Music is in any way at fault because they haven't first sought permission from Symantec to release a new product."

I think the above misses the point. Of course PGMusic isn't at fault for the behavior of Norton AV, yet it is still a software developer's responsibility to check that their software runs as desired on the end user's computer. This means testing it in a variety of OS and antivirus configurations, e.g., through beta testing. The need for antivirus software is a reality, and software companies do take the additional measures to ensure that their software is compatible. It is great that PGMusic has such a loyal following. (And yes, I am one of those loyal followers). Many posts I see on this forum have members ready to come to PGMusic's defense at the barest hint of a slight. However, as Graham stated above, this is a marketing issue. The harder it is to install a piece of software, the less likely a customer will become a repeat customer.