Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
The stickers remind me of emulating scribble strips - masking tape we would put on a mixer to label the instruments on the track with magic markers. Mixers now often have the ability to show those track names electronically, picking them up from the track names in the DAW.

We have had a few other discussions about the fact that BIAB has evolved from defined instruments to where we are now, where you can have your choice of instrument on any track.

Hi Matt

Yes, exactly what you say. In the early days I've worked in many studios with masking tape and hand-written names alongside the sliders for kick, snare, floor tom, bass, hit-hats, cymbals, lead guitar, rhythm, vocals, alto sax, tenor sax, and etc etc.

We don't need to do that in studios anymore. These can be all be changed/named electronically. I think We want Biab to move on from the original hard-coded named feature-set, to match the flexibility that the program now actually offers. Not a big ask...

Hope others would agree.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones