Originally Posted By: ZeroZero
Many people go between two poles -Ringo? Charlie Watts - the style of drummer that gets the job done excellently, or the Buddie Rich - everyone listen to me type style.

One Drummer I particularly admire is Steve Gadd - who has both in his kit bag, never pretentious or in your face but has it all there if you need it - every style. A complete Drummer, he even featured in the Buddy RIch Orchestra, plus a list of names so long I wont include them here.

Here is a greate Utube list, including some lessons from him that got a point across to me about my piano playing - not just for drummers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiBQeTqEDZY&list=RDAiBQeTqEDZY

Zero

Zero, you make a great comment with mentioning Steve Gadd, there are few better.

One of my favorite drummers also for a long time now (besides Ringo of course) is Jeff Hamilton - an absolute virtuoso of technique.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones