Page 2 of 2 1 2
Matt Finley #255540 07/06/14 07:47 AM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Remember that ASIO is not one universal driver; it is a standard for writing device drivers, but the quality of what individual vendors write as an ASIO driver for their product varies. BIAB supports ASIO and it works fine for many of us. The first place to look if you are having ASIO problems is your device's vendor, not BIAB.

Yeah, I'm aware of that Matt. I'm using a Focusrite Saffire USB 6, which is supposed to have good drivers, so I'm guessing this is "pilot error"! grin

90 dB #255555 07/06/14 09:48 AM
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB

Mario,

This version of BB does not like ASIO either. I do use them in Sonar though with no problem. That's another problem I need to work out - I prefer ASIO.

Since I do not record anything in BiaB ASIO drivers are not needed in my situation. I use BiaB as a sketch pad for songs then bring them into Sonar to record my stuff and finish them off!

My goal this weekend is to move just enough each day so that no one pokes me to see if I'm dead or not.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
90 dB #255601 07/06/14 10:45 PM
F
Apprentice
Apprentice
F
Originally Posted By: musiclover
I can sense your frustration.

Any point in just installing 2013 again, easy enough thing to do installing the program only. Just make a different directory for it on computer and point it towards the realtracks and realdrums so it knows where they are.

At least if it crashes as well then you will know nothing to do with 2014.

I know that the NME driver was causing problems for me, stuttering while auditioning styles and scrolling in stylepicker, changing to asio seems to have fixed that so far so good.

Don't rule out screen resolution either, When experimenting with what suited my eyesight the program has a cut of point where even increasing the custom display by just 1% would make icons vanish of screen.

I know with me realband 2014 can crash often, has always been that way with earlier versions.

Another little thing any plugins been used like sampletank or amplitude? Maybe they are crashing and taking biab with it.

Musiclover

Joe,

I had problems with 2013 crashing as well, but nothing like this. I run everything on ASIO (I tried MME, still no joy). I use dual monitors, never change the native resolution. I don't use Sampletank or Amplitude either. I use RealTracks and Revalver for guitars.

Thanks for the tips.

Regards,

Bob

Bob are you saying you use Revalver inside BIAB ? Why not use it in Sonar instead. Thats what I do and you'll have much better control with other 64bit VST's hanging in the chain. Not saying that it will but try it might even solve the crash!

FrankK #255608 07/07/14 01:56 AM
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: FrankK
I can sense your frustration.

Any point in just installing 2013 again, easy enough thing to do installing the program only. Just make a different directory for it on computer and point it towards the realtracks and realdrums so it knows where they are.

At least if it crashes as well then you will know nothing to do with 2014.

I know that the NME driver was causing problems for me, stuttering while auditioning styles and scrolling in stylepicker, changing to asio seems to have fixed that so far so good.

Don't rule out screen resolution either, When experimenting with what suited my eyesight the program has a cut of point where even increasing the custom display by just 1% would make icons vanish of screen.

I know with me realband 2014 can crash often, has always been that way with earlier versions.

Another little thing any plugins been used like sampletank or amplitude? Maybe they are crashing and taking biab with it.

Musiclover

Joe,

I had problems with 2013 crashing as well, but nothing like this. I run everything on ASIO (I tried MME, still no joy). I use dual monitors, never change the native resolution. I don't use Sampletank or Amplitude either. I use RealTracks and Revalver for guitars.

Thanks for the tips.

Regards,

Bob

Bob are you saying you use Revalver inside BIAB ? Why not use it in Sonar instead. Thats what I do and you'll have much better control with other 64bit VST's hanging in the chain. Not saying that it will but try it might even solve the crash!

No, I use Revalver in Sonar.

90 dB #255672 07/07/14 01:56 PM
Expert
Expert
This is a kind of shot in the dark type of solution.

After BIAB uninstalls it leaves behind a BB folder, and as readers of my other thread know, there were some kinds of files in that that prevented running after reinstall. Maybe there is something like this happening some corrupt system files that don't get replaced.

A guess really..

Win 11 64, Asus Rog Strix z390 mobo, 64 gig RAM, 8700k
90 dB #255680 07/07/14 02:59 PM
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Joe,

I reinstalled the 20 Gigs on my HD, and so far, so good. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Bob

90 dB #255689 07/07/14 05:24 PM
Veteran
Veteran
FWIW, after a few years of recording ..
The image below is my current recording system drive set up. I show only hard drives in the image (external drives for backups excluded).

C: drive - OS and VST/VSTi plugins and BB/RB
E: drive - Realtracks
F: drive - used to write incoming audio (more important as you add multiple incoming audio tracks)

These settings provide very quick results.
If you can, I suggest realtracks get read from their own internal drive .. and the audio input writes to its own drive. The audio (input) writing drive tip increases the efficiency/reliability of almost any recording software.
Reason being; if a system is not trying to read and write to the same drive at the same time it runs better.
Processors are rarely the problem, the bottleneck usually occurs with drives. RAM can alleviate this to an extent, maybe sufficiently for many, but the inevitable bottleneck IMHO is the drives. Spread the load if possible.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
homeScreen2.jpg (33.01 KB, 36 downloads)

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
90 dB #255723 07/08/14 02:10 AM
Veteran
Veteran
Glad you seem to be getting good results with the install Bob.

20GB must have been some realtracks or user files or other stuff there as program doesn't take that amount of space.

Thanks for tip about drives.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
90 dB #255725 07/08/14 02:40 AM
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
rharv,

Thanks for the info. My system is not that sophisticated, nor am I. grin

Are those partitions, or actual physical internal drives?

I use BIAB in a most rudimentary fashion, and most of my problems have been encountered while generating RealTracks. Do you think this would be solved by using an external drive to write to?

Regards,

Bob

musiclover #255726 07/08/14 02:42 AM
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Glad you seem to be getting good results with the install Bob.

20GB must have been some realtracks or user files or other stuff there as program doesn't take that amount of space.

Thanks for tip about drives.

Musiclover

Fingers crossed. Between these problems and people undercutting us on gigs, I'm about ready to hang the whole thing up.

90 dB #255728 07/08/14 02:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran
They are actual hard drives, except I:, which is a partition of C:

No I don't think an external drive for audio will help with realtracks.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
rharv #255730 07/08/14 02:55 AM
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: rharv
They are actual hard drives, except I:, which is a partition of C:

No I don't think an external drive for audio will help with realtracks.

Thanks.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Italian for Windows is Here!

Ci siamo dati da fare e abbiamo aggiunto oltre 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 222 RealTracks, nuovi RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, Playable RealTracks Set 3, Playable RealDrums Set 2, due nuovi set di "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 e altro ancora!

Tutti Pacchetti | Nuove Caratteristiche

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 French for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 apporte plus de 50 fonctions nouvelles ainsi qu'une importante de contenus nouveaux à savoir : 222 RealTracks, des RealStyles nouveaux, des SuperTracks MIDI, des Etudes d'Instruments, des Prestations d'Artistes, des "Morceaux avec Choeurs", un Set 3 de Tracks Jouables, un Set 2 de RealDrums Jouables, deux nouveaux Sets de "RealDrums Stems", des Styles XPro PAK 6, des Xtra Styles PAK 17 et bien plus encore!

Tous Packages | Nouvelles Fonctionnalités

Video: Making a Song with Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V

Take your Band-in-a-Box® project to a whole new level when you incorporate ChatGPT and Synth V to add lyrics and vocals to your song!

We wanted to demonstrate how this is done with our video, where we show you how to go from nothing to a finished "radio ready" modern pop song by combining the features of Band-in-a-Box®, ChatGPT, and Synth V!

Listen to the finished song, so you get a listen to the finished product: https://demos.pgmusic.com/misc/behindthefame.m4a

If you like it, watch the video. Either way, let's hear your comments!

Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,914
Posts738,786
Members38,615
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jim Gear, gdl68, that_bear_there, TwoHandsDown, reidmakesmusic
38,615 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 162