I have confirmation from IK that ST3 and ST2 will reside and work side-by-side as it were. I'll find out Thursday or Friday when I get it all downloaded and installed.

BTW I didn't buy ST 3 BECAUSE it's 64 bit, I'm still running EVERYTHING, including Sonar X3 Producer, and other "dual bit" apps as 32 bit. As you can see below I have a machine that is more than capable of running all SW at 64 bit, so it's not for lack of capability. I have yet to NEED 64 bit and I OWN all the usual suspects of DAW's and VST's/VSTi's.

ST3 will be first 64 bit ONLY app I've ever bought. Just couldn't pass up upgrade price because yes, in a few years (probably more like 3 to 4) things will truly all be ONLY 64 bit (but only when the enter world, and all of industry-go 64 bit). NO, I won't be using or even trying to use a "bridging" app to run 64 bit ST 3 with 32 bit BIAB.

MS is STILL selling a 32 bit only OS, and it's called: (drum roll) ...Windows 8.1!

Love 'em or hate 'em, if there were zero market, or effectively a financially zero market, MS wouldn't STILL be offering a 32 bit only OS in this 2nd quarter of 2014.

Now let the hate posts for this 64 bit heretic begin.

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20