Hi,

Regarding the tutorial "Entering Chords in Band In A Box"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RZqDJjeoBU

In the discussion about "pushes" in this tutorial the narrator's instruction for an eighth note push is to enter a caret before the root of the chord. For a sixteenth, enter two carets. What you see for an eighth note push in the chord chart is something like this ^C7
and for a sixteenth note push you will see ^^C7. I have a few questions about this beginning tutorial. When I follow these instructions the eighth note push appears according to the video. When I enter two carets for a 16th note push I get a caret and a triangle. (see the yellow arrows in the screen shot below) The playback sounds like it is supposed to in a non-swing style, but I am just wondering why the triangle and not two carets? Curiosity....

Secondly, the narrator states that when entering the caret symbol one only needs to press the 6 key and not shift + the 6 key. If I do not use the shift key and enter (no shift) + 6...6...+ F (chord root) then I get an "A7b9" chord. (see blue arrow) I thought perhaps because I was working on a laptop that this was the problem but I also tried it on my desktop and the same issue resulted. Do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Anybody know about either of these issues?

Thanks!
Dan

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Triangle-2.jpg (326.73 KB, 70 downloads)
Last edited by dan2004; 10/29/14 04:11 PM.