I'm sure that's true with some DJ's Eddie but that's certainly not true with the one's I just talked about. Seriously take the time to look up the names of the biggest DJ's and then go to the 'tube. You'll be shocked and amazed with what they're doing. Same with beatboxers btw. There's a kid from Australia who's a big star and I found an hour long vid of him putting on a show in what looks like a big theater somewhere in front of believe it or not a white middle aged crowd.

Middle aged is what, 40-55 maybe? They're a full generation behind us. A 50 year old was born in 1964. What does he know of classic rock from the 60's and 70's? He was in high school in 1980 and his musical taste probably didn't mature until 1990. Rap and hip hop were huge by then.

This is crazy, I just googled "beatboxing Cleveland" and this came up:

http://www.kentwired.com/ksubuzz/article_1e875c14-2d95-11e4-a3c2-0017a43b2370.html

I noticed he says he's now a one man act using two guitar synths, looper pedals, drum machines and his beatboxing vocal skills. I barely know what he's talking about but obviously it's selling.

Damn, I just looked up "beatboxing los angeles" and found a whole crapload of hits. Shows, contests, films, colleges, festivals. I'm almost sorry I brought it up... No wonder there's no bands, this is where the audience is. One writer calls it the "Fifth Element of Hip Hop".

I think I'll stop now.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.